October NPD – Uncharted 2 tops on software front

Thursday, 12th November 2009 23:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

uncharted2

While sales on the software front for October look less than fabulous, according to NPD numbers, this is due to a sales decrease of 18 percent, but that’s only 11 percent on a units basis.

Still, Uncharted 2 reigned supreme, topping the chart with 537K units sold and WiiFit Plus came in a respectable second with half the sales generated by the bundled SKU.

Across all platforms, NBA 2K10 took the lot with 575K units sold, outselling last year’s NBA 2K9 by 60 percent.

Music games saw the largest decline with $53 million in sales compared to $137 million last year.

Here’s the full thing:

1. Uncharted 2 – PS3 – 537,000
  2. WiiFit Plus – Wii – 441,000
  3. Borderlands – 360 -418,000
  4. Wii Sports Resort – Wii – 314,000
  5. NBA 2K10 – 360 – 311,000
  6. Halo 3: ODST – 360 – 271,000
  7. NBA 2K10 – PS3 – 213,000
  8. Forza MotorSport – 360 – 175,000
  9. Kingdom Hearts  358/2 Days – DS – 169,000
  10. FIFA 10- 360 – 156,000

1. DUFFKING

Patcher:

‘Borderlands sent to die’

lol

2. Patrick Garratt

Gearbox must be thrilled. That’s amazing, really.

3. theevilaires

I don’t know whats going on with PS3 owners but they need to wake up and go buy borderlands. A game like MW2 don’t deserve all the spot light this holiday season.

4. Psychotext

I think Borderlands is the real surprise there. So many people were writing it off.

Also… Stephany, you win this time!

/shakes fist

5. Stephany Nunneley

I am seriously considering picking Borderlands up for 360, not because I favor that console over my gorgeous new PS3, but only because I have more friends on there to play with (grand total of 6), and two controllers in the house for it.

Psycho – What did I win? :-D

6. Psychotext

The right to say that Americans are fat… or something. I forget your original point exactly. :P

7. Stephany Nunneley

Oh yeah, the WiiFit thingie! HA! I want cookies, er um, whole wheat tasties as a prize.

8. Psychotext

:D

9. DaMan

Pachter is officially a failure.

10. psxman

Wow, I’m surprised Kingdom Hearts 358/2 even made it into the top 20, let alone the top 10.

Practically no publicity after all. Must’ve been the fan-base.

And Stephany, I don’t think you’d have any problems getting PSN ‘friends’ if you were to post it publicly.
    ‘Friends’ Guaranteed

11. Psychotext

Detailed numbers for Borderlands…

BORDERLANDS (360) 418k
    BORDERLANDS (PS3) 113k
    BORDERLANDS (PC) 15k

12. DaMan

” BORDERLANDS (PC) 15k ”
    I wonder why, heh.

CoD and Dragon Age have little to do with that though, anyway.

13. Runcle

This is North America sales isn’t it? whats fifa doing in the top 10?

14. NoxNoctisUmbra

Borderlands.. its just a watered down RPG.. no wonder no one once it on PC… only casual people who think this is how RPG should be buy it on 360.

15. Khanivor

Give it another decade or so and the crywanking from the old world over the dominance of yanks in football tournaments will be a thing to be relished :)

16. Blerk

17. Detale

I’m still considering getting it for PS3, but it fell right between Uncharted 2 & MW2 for me. If I hadn’t been able to pick up MW2 so cheaply, I might have grabbed Borderlands instead.

18. JonFE

@Khanivor:

You’d better start by finding another name for that “football” of yours that you actually play with your hands and then we can talk about football tournament domination :D

@Blerk:

Well, you see, Borderlands *does* have guns and they got confused ;)

19. Jadeskye

@Blerk: Amazing “Pachter-smackdown” result for Borderlands, there – but why did only Xbox people buy it? That’s really odd.

I’d say function of the install base and that the gameplay is focused online with a team of 4 which begets xbox live.

20. Blerk

I would normally agree if it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve seen very few people playing multiplayer on my friends list. Loads of people had it, but just about all of them were playing single-player.

21. Robo_1

I love how consistently wrong Patcher is. Is he ever called up on shit like this?

I was nearly going to pick up Borderlands the other week, but forum talk isn’t generally positive. I’m reading a lot of buyers remorse, so I’m holding off for the time being.

22. Blerk

I like to think that people rush out and buy stuff just to prove him wrong. :-D

23. No_PUDding

Blerk, the anecdotal evidence is here! I rushed out and bought the 360 version as soon as Pachter said that.

24. No_PUDding

I flew to America to do it no less.

25. Psychotext

That’s some impressive dedication.

26. No_PUDding

I damaged my teeth and purchased a top hat to support British stereotypes in America, now thats dedication.

These incisors will never point straight again. :(

27. Psychotext

Yeah baby.

28. No_PUDding

Groovy.

Man that franchise is old. I realised quite how unfashionable when my driving teacher, a balding, cardigan sporting man of 55, brought it up in reference to 3 point turns.