MCV: Natal to have “14 games, and super-low sub-£50 price”

Wednesday, 11th November 2009 11:47 GMT By Patrick Garratt

natal

MCV’s reporting that Project Natal will release in November 2010, will have 14 launch games and will retail at less than £50.

The details come from a “behind-closed-doors Microsoft tour of UK publishers and studios,” with one source saying the camera could cost as little as £30.

There’ll be 5 million launch units, apparently.

That’s it, pretty much. More background through the link.

1. Blerk

The lower the price, the better their chance of it actually catching on. If you’re not bundling it in from the start, your only chance of catching the mass market is to blow you away with an impressive game and make it cost peanuts.

I’m guessing it’ll be the same RRP as a normal retail game – £45. And will come bundled with some sort of game, Microsoft’s own ‘Wii Sports’, if you will.

Still can’t muster much enthusiasm for it, though. :-)

2. G1GAHURTZ

Is that 14 GAMES or a game with 14 modes?

3. Freek

Except we all know there won’t be a cool game a la Wii Sports to go with it. It’ll be those silly demos they’ve been showing, but expanded upon a little.

4. Robo_1

Sub 50 pounds would be very impressive.

5. bobbymington

I knew they’d do this

The reason wii was so successful was because it was cheap

+ i can’t believe the natal hardware would cost much to make either, two cameras and a mic.

6. DrDamn

I thought they’d do well to get under £80. £50 is a great price point.

7. pleasant_cabbage

For me £50 or under means buy at launch. Curiosity satiated.

8. JonFE

Keep the price low, bundle it with Halo Reach and/or Fable 3 and watch it fly off the selves, I say :)

9. Tonka

It will be shit. And it won’t launch in 2010.

10. blackdreamhunk

there is going to be alot more game devs and pulishers who are going to go bankuprt or with out a job beofre this ression is done.

11. Soong

I really hope it fails miserably. The reason I like my PS3 and 360 so much is because they deliver proper games and don’t rely on waggle gimmicks. I want normal controllers and if motion controls become the default control method for all consoles then that’s me done with gaming.

12. Tonka

It won’t take off on the PleasfixMe. Next generation however… OOooohhh Next Generation.

13. OlderGamer

I’ll buy it. @Soong, who says that both types can’t live side by side? Not like the Wii killed ps3/xb360. Not everyone looks for the same old thing when it comes to video games.

14. rrod360lol

A year from now is too late to launch.

15. mescalineeyes

bundle it with Halo Reach

bought.

16. Psychotext

Yeah, I reckon I’d pick it up for sub £50 fairly happily. Hell, I bought a ps-eye with nothing for £25 so why not.

17. freedoms_stain

It’ll be 49.99 :p

Still gots no interest in controllerless motion control.

Show me some decent games running on it plz.

18. theevilaires

Hell, I bought a ps-eye with nothing for £25 so why not.

you should have gotten the eye of judgment package instead. That game is fun.

19. Psychotext

Not really my sort of game. I’m still considering getting eye-pet, which would be the first thing I’ve actually used it for.

20. Hakkiz

@Soong & co.
    A little defensive, aren’t we? I guess the question is not will you buy it but will your wife make you buy it. :)