Valve: Left 4 Dead 2 preorders are four times that of original

Thursday, 5th November 2009 15:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

left4dead23

Valve’s Chet Faliszek has revealed that the number of preorders for zombie shooter Left 4 Dead 2 are “four times” that of the original.

“As we get closer to launch we see the reaction to the demo, preorders are four times what Left 4 Dead 1 was, people’s excitement, the boycott itself and how it’s changed… I think people are just excited now,” he told CVG.

Ad far as the complaints over a sequel being released so soon and the subsequent petition is concerned, Faliszek seemed slightly indifferent to the criticism.

“One of the weird things at E3 was we knew we weren’t showing the complete package, we knew there was a whole bunch of stuff we were holding back but we wanted to show something. Honestly I made the joke and it’s true: If you put $20 in a box and charge $10 for it someone would complain you didn’t put $50 in a box.

“Not to say some of the concerns raised aren’t valid, but you’re always going to have some kind of upset and that’s not how we work. We work at looking at the project and trying to get it out.”

Game’s out this month.

1. Blerk

I honestly can’t remember the last time I pre-ordered a game.

2. Mauller

I think that this has to do with the fact that L4D was a new ip originally and not everybody was sure what to expect. Once it was released and people tried it and word of mouth spread, people loved it. Now people know what to expect from the game so a lot of people are very excited for it.

3. Goliath

After playing the demo, I preordered. It sucks that as soon as I got the machette the demo ended. It was too short.

4. G1GAHURTZ

This is 100% true.

5. The Hindle

Am i the only one who can see this not doing as good. I mean its out the week after MW 2, everyone will be buying that.

6. freedoms_stain

It’ll probably do just as well on Steam because Valve will probably persist with free weekends and discounts until it does.

7. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

Guess that petition by all the fans really paid off in the end, eh?

*laughs his ass off*

8. scuz

i honestly can’t remember the last time i pre-ordered an original IP