PlayTV updated to 1.21

Thursday, 5th November 2009 11:26 GMT By Patrick Garratt

playtv

SCEE just said PlayTV’s been updated to 1.21. New stuff:

• It now lets you “watch, pause and record High Definition TV for DVB-T standard broadcast.”
  • Aino remote play support added.
  • Updates PS3 to Firmware 3.0. If you haven’t done it already, you’ll need it for the mobile functions.
  • “Better” SD upscaling.

Amazatron. Hit the link for more.

1. Blerk

Does anyone actually have one of these?

2. Patrick Garratt

I think Rupert Eurogamer’s got one.

3. Redh3lix

@ Blerk, I thought the same although around six or seven people on my friends list use it o_O

4. Blerk

I bet Rupert didn’t pay for his! :-D

5. Patrick Garratt

:D

Um. Is that an analog aerial port?

6. absolutezero

I have one, I use it to record TV while im at work, or Ill record something and then watch another channel. It also looks better than my TVs in-built Freeview.

Also I got it in the Woolies “get rid of everything” sale. So it was cheap as chips.

7. JPickford

I’ve got one. It’s pretty good although recordings seem to glitch a lot for reasons unknown (live TV is fine). There a few interface problems + lack of any form of series link but overall it’s a nice bit of kit.

@Patrick what other sort of aerial port is there? Freeview arrives the same way as the old analogue signal.

8. Blerk

My friend here at work bought a cheap telly with DVR functionality built-in. You just plug any old USB device into a socket and it’ll record to it and play back from it – memory stick, external drive, whatever. Proper awesome!

9. Detale

Unfortunately Freeview HD is going to use DVB-T2 for broadcast in the UK, so no HD compatibility for us here I believe.

10. satsugai

So none of you guys above have had any weird issues with it?
    Was looking at this a few weeks ago but most of the reviews bad mouthed it.

11. revolting

I’ve got one and swear by it. Vastly superior interface to any other digital tv recorder I’ve used.

12. Psychotext

I considered it, but without integration with Sky / Virgin it really wasn’t much use to me.