Braid sets its sights on North American PS3 users this month

Wednesday, 4th November 2009 21:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

braid

Update: The US PS Blog has a video up now.

Original: Good news folks. Braid lands on PS3 in North America on November 12.

Of course this makes you happy, because you’ve been gagging for it since it was announced for the system back in August.

Therefore, set back $14.99 in the kitty for it, because that’s how much it’s gonna run you.

No word yet on a European PS3 release, but it can’t be too off now.

Still don’t know what the fuss is all about? Shame on you. Steam has a PC demo of it here. We’re sure it’s elsewhere too, so find it and play it already.

Via PSU.

Thanks, Gek.

1. Stephany Nunneley

Yay! Can’t wait.

2. theevilaires

did you just respond to your own article first with a Yay! Can’t wait? :D You’re loca chica…I like that :P

3. Stephany Nunneley

Soy apenas un poco loco, pero no mucho! :-D

4. No_PUDding

Can you guys stop speaking in French please.

5. pleasant_cabbage

I think it’s rude. Something about a penis made out of some sort of bean.

6. Stephany Nunneley

LOL! It was Spanish. “I am not too crazy, just a little” it says.

Then again, I only speak enough Spanish and French to get myself arrested, or a date – so I may be wrong on that bit :-D

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

This any good?

8. SplatteredHouse

I can also only regard this game with a mere raised eyebrow. What we got here? /scratches head, puzzled.

9. lelik

this game is not that good… i don’t know how it has the rating it does on meta or how it’s able to sell with that pricetag.

10. Withnail

It was great when it was 360 exclusive. Now… not so much.

11. Hero of Canton

Braid is a very good game, but I do think it was wildly overpraised. There are better downloadable titles out there. World of Goo, for example.

12. Psychotext

Fantastic game. Some of the game mechanics really had my brain doing somersaults… especially when I was working out how to get the hidden stars.

Price seems about right. Converts to about 1200 Allards which I believe was what it sold on the 360 for.

13. Bojangles

I admired how clever Braid was, conceptually. But unfortunately that didn’t make up for it not being especially fun. Combine this with its relatively slender content and relatively premium pricing, it’s not really worth it.

Clever? Yes. Fun? No. Smug? Yes. Pretentious? Yes. Entertaining? No.

It’s like an interactive version of Donnie Darko. :(

14. Psychotext

It’s a rather obvious thing to say… but fun’s a very personal thing. I found it fun, as did my missus, but then we like puzzles a lot so you can probably ignore us as freaks. :D

15. absolutezero

I enjoyed watching my friend collect all the pieces and then put togethor the jigsaws and then laughing at them.

ohhhh the woman has left and there is a bottle of wine.

16. SplatteredHouse

Jigsaw pieces…Platforms? ok. Carry on! :)

17. Gekidami

“This any good?”

Good enought to be in the top 10 highest rated games on 360 according to Metacritics.

18. Gheritt White

“Clever? Yes. Fun? No. Smug? Yes. Pretentious? Yes. Entertaining? No.”

Spot on. However, i really enjoyed Donnie Darko – one of my all time favourite films! I don’t mind being a bit bewildered by a passive entertainment medium, but I prefer my interactive entertainment a little more immediate and engaging.