American McGee’s Alice trailer was fan-made, not official

Wednesday, 4th November 2009 19:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

alice2

Looks like the teaser trailer to American McGee’s Alice sequel posted earlier in the week was fan-made and not an official trailer, wrote McGee on his blog.

“Yesterday, a few sites picked up a video of Alice made by one of our fans and confused it as an official trailer of Alice 2,” he wrote. “I wanted to clear up any confusion – as I mentioned in my post it was unofficial, and does not represent any of the final art direction or story elements in Alice 2.

“We look forward to sharing information on the game in the future.”

Too bad. It was rather cool.

Via CVG.

1. Syrok

Yup, was rather good. Well done to whoever created it. :)

2. Gheritt White

Wow – VG24/7 really is shit, isn’t it?

Apologies and homages to Tonks.

3. SplatteredHouse

Is it only news now, that it is fan-made, because no-one elected to investigate the clip’s origins in the first place, but just set about writing posts with the assumption that it was official?
    I do not direct the criticism at this site, but just want to express my opinion. Never mind, the wait goes on for the first official presentation…

4. Stephany Nunneley

Well, apparently this was not the only site that “confused” it, as most all other outlets posted it as well.

Either McGee was not as clear as he said he was to begin with, or the whole internet chose to ignore the fact it was created as a pitch to him and EA by a buddy of his.

I have no idea. I am off on Mondays :-D

5. SplatteredHouse

Absolutely, I recognise that you were not the only site that posted it. :)

6. Anders

Considering that the trailer was actually published on the official website (as I recall it, without any information regarding its background), there’s no wonder publications presented it as an official trailer for the game.

In any case, the artist sure fooled me. It looked authentic and, on top of that, pretty bad-ass as well.

7. No_PUDding