Australian version of Left 4 Dead 2 is packed with surprisingly sturdy zombies

Tuesday, 3rd November 2009 03:30 GMT By Nathan Grayson

left4dead230

They don’t make zombies like they used to. Pepper their paper skin with a shotgun blast or two and – boom – undead confetti. But not in Australia! Good ol’ Oz builds its zombies strong to last long. Limbs stay on and blood stays in, even when caught in the thickest of crossfires.

Even better, when Australian zombies finally bite the big one, their bodies immediately disappear – eliminating the need for cleanup. No muss, no fuss! How convenient!

There’s a trailer of Left 4 Dead 2′s Australian action after the break.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Sethos

Glad I’m not an Aussie, gimped games and tons of poisonous animals? that’s like layer-fail.

2. freedoms_stain

I’m surprised they allowed “goo shit”

Valve should have made the blood grey and claimed it was “wet heavy dust”.

It’s weird that the bodies just fade out, reminds me of the Die Hard Trilogy on PS1.

3. Phoenixblight

Thats when you import. May be a beautiful place but it doesn’t make it right to fuck with my games. =-P

4. Gekidami

I’m surprised the zombies still have red on them and when they get shot theres a red cloud of blood. In the first games ozzy version that was all green.

5. Jadeskye

not that it matters too much, i’m sure someone will mod this stuff in at some point.

I’m sure aussies like their gore as much as us brits do and lets face it, who doesn’t wanna replace their tank music with barbie girl?

6. Gekidami

I’m hearing that demo is apparently up on Live now btw. Its 1,70 GB.
    Just checked and it is. Downloading now its actually at 1.69GB in size.

7. DBZ0wnz