Report – New Prince of Persia to be revealed early next year

Monday, 2nd November 2009 04:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

princeofpersiaa

Is the upcoming movie not going to be your fill of Prince of Persia? Don’t worry, Ubisoft’s got you covered. How? By announcing a new PoP game in the spring of next year, according to a report from Neoseeker.

The news was apparently confirmed at a trailer preview event for the movie at Bruckheimer studios very recently.

The report says:

“Our last bit of news is a juicy one: Ubisoft will be announcing a new Prince of Persia game in the spring, according to the team, but it’s not their place to give out any details.”

Lovely. Go mad, peeps.

1. GENE_BC

I wish I could experience something like warrior within( the best in the series IMO).
    Combat system in POP 2008 was absolutely absurd

2. Blerk

I kind of liked some of the things they were trying to do in the last one, but I’d like to see them mix back in some of the better bits from the Sands of Time trilogy. Sometimes it just felt too ‘on rails’.

3. Tonka

The reveal of the reveal! Amazing!
    Circles todays date in the calendar. Will celebrate this every year.

4. satsugai

Please redesign the prince again, there was too much japanese anime influence in the last prince.

5. JonFE

I had fun playing the last one to completion, getting all the light orbs etc. and enjoying the wonderful open-end vistas, but I appreciate the ‘on rails’ or ‘felt like a never-ending QTE’ criticism.

For the sequel, I’d like Ubisoft to built on top of what’s already there, instead of starting anew.

For starters, an improvement on the sword fighting wouldn’t go amiss, because most fights dragged too much and felt like you had to keep on blocking and gamble that your strikes in between would land.

Also, some alternative routes to your destination with varying difficulty and rewards would be welcome.

And, finally, please, lose the Prince’s arrogant attitude ;) He was great in Sands of Time, but has gone downhill ever since.

6. Gheritt White

Firstly, ‘Warrior Within’ was aesthetically atrocious – it was the first step down a very wrong road, thematically speaking.

That said, I did think it was mechanically superior to the new PoP. I’m with Blerk and JonFE – there definitely needs to be more precision jumping and reflex-orientated gameplay this time round.

7. The Hindle

They need to go back the Sands of time atmospeherei think as that game was amazing.

8. No_PUDding

Got to admit, playign Uncharted 2, with Elena gave me serious Farah flashbacks, and reminded me how great that game was.

9. The Hindle

No Pud

My thoughts exactly. I cant believe what they have done with the franchise since that game. I still get cringes of warrior within’s “you bitch” moment. :|

10. No_PUDding

I am nowhere near as passionate about that, I think becuase I was quite a bit younger, and the whole series was fine with me, but I can certainly see why it was cringe inducing.

Replayign it, there was a lot of unecessary rock music, and just generally an angsty tone.

Ofcourse Sands of Time is my favourite too.

11. Bulk Slash

So presumably this means they’re not going to bother finishing the story for the last reboot of PoP then? It’s good to know Ubisoft finish what they start… not.