PS3 is “the best platform” for Heavy Rain, says Cage

Monday, 2nd November 2009 08:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

heavyrain111

Quantic Dream’s David Cage has revealed that the PlayStation 3 is “the best platform” available for Heavy Rain.

He was speaking at his Q&A session during the Eurogamer Expo in London on Saturday, where he said the choice to make the game for the PS3 was down to two reasons: the hardware and the architecture

“Whatever I answer, my answer will be suspicious… I think it had to be on PlayStation 3 for two main reasons: the hardware, the architecture of the PS3 is extremely powerful in the way it is structured. If you make a real PS3 engine, then you can have really fantastic performances. If you try to port from another platform, then it becomes difficult,” said Cage.

“This is a console we all love at the studio. I play PSOne, PS2, it’s really a part of my culture. The controller is part of my home… and it’s a really, really powerful console.

“I’m not so much into graphics, to be honest with you, I don’t believe you need ultra realistic graphics to get emotion, you can get that with very low graphics. But we wanted to create emotion from believable characters, that was the idea. With this approach PS3 was by far the best platform.”

Find more over at PushSquare. Catch some video we captured of the demo that was on the show floor at the Expo last week in Leeds here.

It’s out next year.

1. bugmenot

Internet is “the best platform” for vg247.com, says Garratt.

2. Blerk

Tch. The one time when it would be absolutely valid to say ‘we needed the blu-ray space’ and he waffles on about ‘emotion’ and other such rubbish. :-D

3. TastyAcidMilkk

agreed, glad they chose ps3 for it, fareheit was exellent

4. Dannybuoy

Now that Uncharted 2 is in my hands (and 90% complete) this is the next game I’m looking forward too. Bring it on!

5. Jackrock

Yes, PS3 can be very powerful in the right hands. But developers must use a lot of resources, something that not everybody wants to do. It is easier (and cheaper) to make a rushed port from Xbox 360.

This game is very high in my list. Hope it turns right.

6. Detale

The more I see of this game, the more I’m sold on it. Looking forward to it a great deal.

7. Redh3lix

Sceptical on this one.

8. Jadeskye

he’s sleeping on a big pile of sonybucks tonight!