EG Expo – MAG movie shows sniping, dying

Friday, 30th October 2009 13:33 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mag

Didn’t get on the MAG beta? Want to know what the Zipper shooter actually looks like in action?

Hit the link. We shot this off-screen at the EG Expo in Leeds earlier this week.

PS3-only, out next year. For the record, someone else was playing the game.

1. Blerk

You managed to film a whole two minutes without it crashing? :-D

2. daytripper

far too many fps this generation

3. Gekidami

Without it crashing? Erhum, what?

4. Blerk

The MAG pods at the Expo were ‘decidedly flakey’. They had to turn half of them off completely long before the end of the day.

5. Santa Clause

So those in the beta, what are your thoughts?

Does this really work? Can it really handle that many people in a small area at the same thing without turning into a lag fest?

6. Gekidami

Never seen or heard of lag in it myself unless its coming from a single player which tends to be more of a ping problem at their end.
    The game itself is ok, but you really have to be a core gamer to like it. If your a vanilla ‘time to time’ online gamer you may aswell forget it, the game is about doing the same maps against different people over and over to gain exp.
    The beta is really a beta in that its not just a fancy named demo but really is an early build of the game with bugs (never crashed for me mind) that the devs update based on feedback.

7. Redh3lix

? The game never crashes Blerk o_O

Game doesn’t lag at all btw, even with 256 people on it.

8. Blerk

Maybe the beta doesn’t, but the version they were running at the Expo certainly did. It may well have just been the set-up.

9. Johnny Cullen

I went hands-on with it in Dublin, as well as the beta at home, and it is decent. Has some good ideas, but I remain slightly skeptical of it.

10. Detale

I really ought to give the beta another go. I played it for a bit and it’s pretty good but the timeframes they had the game running meant that I didn’t get any really extended periods of time with it. Defintely one for the dedicated online gamer though, and that’s not really me at the moment.