Sony will announce a UK God of War 3 demo “in due course”

Thursday, 29th October 2009 13:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gow32b

Sony has confirmed that the God of War 3 demo included with the Blu-ray release of District 9 is for US only.

“That’s for the US only,” a Sony spokesperson told StrategyInformer. “We’ll announce our plans for the [UK] GOW 3 demo in due course.”

Looks like you’ll have to wait a bit longer, UK. Hopefully not much longer, but still, waiting is a bit crap.

1. Razor

I wouldn’t put it past SCEE to release the demo months after GOW3 has shipped.

And what about the full GOW3 EU release date? That’s not confirmed either is it?

2. Freek

What the hell is up with SCEE and GoW? They always delay the release of each game to months after the US, now the demo too.

In a time where it’s more then common place to release globaly, GoW, a triple A, high profile game series, is being kept from a normal release scedule by Sony Europe. Why? Is there some personal vendetta against the development team?

3. Blerk

I can’t quite understand why they haven’t just released the playable demo that they already have. It seemed perfectly good to me at the Expo on Tuesday. Unless it’s 20gb in size or something.

4. Razor

“Is there some personal vendetta against the development team?”

Well SCEE and SCEA did have a spat with each other around the time when GOW1 was released in the EU, which is why GOW1 was criminally under advertised over here.

Though I can’t believe that’s a reason…Sony can’t afford spats to get in the way of one of their biggest titles.

5. Gekidami

Has anyone actually been paying attention to the recent first party release dates in Europe and the US? Hardly months apart lets alone a week in most cases.

6. Bulk Slash

It would be nice if they could give a non-bullshit answer about this. They’ve spent the past 3 years or so building the PSN store so they can get demos and full games to users over the internet, and yet no-one at SCEE can find the upload button when it comes to the GoW3 demo?

7. Detale

I think I’ll stick to importing the GoW collection, as I’ve never played either of the first two games. I sometimes think that keeping all the games region free was one of Sony’s better ideas for PS3.

8. McLovin85

I’ve never really understood this 100%. I import games occationally when there is a large gap between US and EU release dates (or the bundle just doesn’t exist in the EU).
    Do i therefore boost the sales figures over in the US?? (on NPD)
    Because if so then we should stop importing so that they see that the EU is actually a big (if not bigger) market than the US. But it is kind of a Catch 22 situation as i also want the game earlier. AHHH fucks sake.