Steam: Get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $5, The Witcher for $19.99

Tuesday, 27th October 2009 20:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

thewitcher

Steam has S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl on sale through November 2 for $5, so if you have yet to play it now’s your chance to for cheap.

Should that not be your cup of tea, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut is 50 percent off at $19.99 until October 29.

Both are great deals, there.

1. freedoms_stain

I’m interested in The Witcher, anyone recommend?

2. theevilaires

why are games so cheap on that service all the time. Doesn’t Valve own steam?

3. absolutezero

Very much so, its a stupidly deep involving RPG with mature themes and the ability to somewhat laugh at itself. Its an interesting World with a great crafting system.

Its also filled with misogyny so I would stay well clear if you harbour any sort of white knight credentials.

4. Stephany Nunneley

“white knight credentials” LOL! That was great.

The Witcher is effing fantastic. Seriously, it is.

5. Mike

I wanted to call my son Geralt but my wife wasn’t having it.

6. endgame

what Stephany says freedoms. i bought it off steam as well. played it, loved it! it’s f**king awesome! :)

7. Stephany Nunneley

That would have been awesome Mike! I may steal your idea one day, not many would get it unlike what I am about to tell you all.

I have a third cousin, James, whose full name – get ready – is James Tiberius Kirk McWhorter. I do not lie.

It gets worse. My older brother wants to name his son Annakin Tiberious Skywalker Nunneley. No shit.

Boys in my family do not stand a chance in Hell. That’s why I have dogs.

8. Mike

I also asked for Tiberius. We agreed I could call our future cat it.

9. Stephany Nunneley

Tiberius is fine too. Just not the whole shebang.

10. deanimate

jesus christ….they’re names you joke about with your mates when you’re having some friendly banter.
    to implement such a name though…hmm…i would love to see them in school.

as for the witcher i loved it at first. me and my mate were both playing it and well into it but it was wayyyyy too much “go and fetch this” type quests which just got boring. i don’t mind some quests like that of course but the ratio of crap quests like that to fighting was not the best. i really do know that this game is not god of war but for me and my friend we just weren’t enjoying it anymore. shame as i still think highly of it. hopefully witcher 2 will resolve these boring, tedious quests.

11. Dralen

Damn Valve for their genius idea! Everytime they put a good game up for sale I just cannot resist.

12. Phoenixblight

I played the Demo and it set me off. Wasn’t much for the VA and it was always crashing even with my rig.

I would like to play it but the demo left a horrible taste in my mouth.

13. Stephany Nunneley

Loads of patches have been released lately Phoenix, so it shouldn’t do that any more. It used to do the same on my PC and then all a sudden I would get these squiggly lines and checkers across the screen – something not compatible with the video card. No issues on the laptop though – runs like a smooth ship.

14. Phoenixblight

I got it from steam was only 20$ so I said what the hell. You are right it is a lot smoother not a single hitch especially when I was fighting that Frightener before in the demo, the game would barely crawl now it has no issues.

My only issue now is Gerralt, he has a personality of a robot.. and not the Bender kind either.