Netflix for Wii within a year, says Pachter

Tuesday, 27th October 2009 11:23 GMT By Patrick Garratt

netflix

Wedbush Morgan’s Michael Pachter’s claimed that the just-announced PS3 Netflix deal has had to be tweaked to ensure it’s within terms of the firm’s exclusivity deal with Microsoft, and that a similar Wii deal isn’t far behind.

“We anticipate that a similar arrangement will be announced for the Wii in the next 12 months”, he said.

The analyst added: “We believe that the exclusive arrangement limits Netflix’s ability to appear on the ‘dashboard’ for the PS3 or the Wii, but because both devices have open architecture Internet browsers built-in, the solution proposed for the PS3 would likely not violate the terms of Microsoft’s exclusivity.”

Naughty. More on GI.

1. pracer

This is a big deal. I already signed up on Netflixs website to recieve the free Netflix bluray disc when they ship next month. Too bad the Wii won’t be able to display in HD like my xb360 does and PS3 will do.

2. freedoms_stain

Are you on Netflix payroll as well as Microsoft’s?

3. darthmahon

Would love to see Netflix make it over to the UK, any idea if that is going to happen sometime soon?

4. pracer

@Freedoms_stain

Say what?

I love Netflix, everyone that I know, that has ever tried is in love with it. It kicks butt. So many shipping centers it takes two days to mail out a movie and get another one in your mail box. And right now I have 250plus movies/tv shows in my Netflix instant Q. I can watch em on my PC or on my xbox. I am greatly looking forward to getting a BluRay disc for my PS3 to be able to use it on that(I already signed up for my copy on the Netfilx website). If The Wii gets the service too, heck yea, then I will have one more box I can watch it on. Meaning that because the PS3 and Wii are wireless internet my kids can use em in their rooms to watch. Hard to do that with a Wired Xbox.

Thats my line of thinking. What the hell in all of that warrents your stupid comment? I am already going to recieve the thing for my PS3 next month(when it comes out). Naturaly all of the Xbots will do the samething for their PS3s too right?

The only way anyone could hate on Netflix is if they are too young for a Credit Card. Or they are bitter because they don’t get it in the UK. Sorry. I’d like the SKY TV things That sounds nice, but I can’t get that either so I will deal.

***Waits for someone to jump on here claiming that they have used Netflix and just haaaaates it. Calling me a fool and what not.

5. freedoms_stain

I’m having a laugh pracer, it’s just that every time I see you comment you’re either extolling the magnificence of either the xbox or Netflix.

6. pracer

I am not doing that now. I would agrue I don’t do that very often at all. I would however agree that I have put down PS3 games from time to time(I do the samething for xb360 ones and Wiiones). I also noted that you like to see what you want to see in a post.

7. luckyzhu

What the hell in all of that warrents your stupid comment? I am already going to recieve the thing for my PS3 next month(when it comes out).tiffany cufflinks