UK charts: PES 2010 topples FIFA 10 from No. 1 spot

Monday, 26th October 2009 10:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

pes2010logo

Sweet praise be jebus! FIFA 10 is finally off the top spot? So, what has taken it’s place? Why, it’s only PES 2010!

The Konami football game came in storming and took the No. 1 spot off FIFA, which only drops to three. Forza Motorsport 3 enters at two.

WWE Smackdown vs Raw ’10 enters at five, Uncharted 2 drops four from two to six, and Borderlands enters at seven.

Top ten is below.

UK charts

1. M2Kx

WTF?!
    I have this game since friday but I had no time to play it :/

2. Hero of Canton

Christ, really? Ahead of Forza? Tut tut.

3. Blerk

PES did release on seven different formats, of course. Not really surprising it’d make the top.

4. G1GAHURTZ

I reckon UC2 will leave the top 10 within 2 weeks, and never enter it, ever, ever, ever again.

Ever.

5. Psychotext

Looking at the individual formats, PES did quite a bit worse on the 360 than the PS3. I guess 360 owners prefer FIFA.

6. Yoshi

I do believe, thats Borderlands for 360 and PS3 only not PC

7. Blerk

PES has much more of a history with Playstation people, not really surprised it still holds more sway in the Sony camp.

8. Hero of Canton

Yeah, it’s been forever associated with PS2, so it’s not surprising most people want to play it on the same controller as they have been for years.

Apparently, it did sell 39% fewer copies than it did on its debut last year. Which is a bit of a shame since it’s the best HD PES to date. Last year’s was pretty awful, really.

9. pracer

Can I say it now? Maybe I should wait another month. Nagh now is fine. Toss out the Metacritic stuff, UC2 is not gonna sell mega huge numbers. My guess is it has the same type of story in NA too. Tho I think it will hang around a bit longer here(and to be fair it s still on the top ten in UK too).

10. DUFFKING

Borderlandssenttodielol

11. Blerk

Heh heh. Obviously he meant to say “Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars sent to die”. Which apparently it was. And did.

12. The Hindle

Lols at Turn 10 studios, Surely if Forza Motorsport 3 was way better then GT it would be in at No 1. GT 5 is guranteed to be in at no 1 so maybe not a GT killer after all eh Microsoft

13. Blerk

I imagine GT5 won’t be launching opposite Pro Evo, either.

14. G1GAHURTZ

“GT 5 is guranteed to be in at no 1 so maybe not a GT killer after all eh Microsoft”

Guaranteed eh?

Can I quote you on that?

15. Psychotext

I love GT / Forza fanboys. Muppets. :D

Here’s a clue for you… they’re pretty much the same game.

16. Blerk

Yeah, they’re both boring as fuck. :-D

17. Psychotext

\o/

18. G1GAHURTZ

It’s all about open world racers these days…

Personally, I’d like the design of TDU, the racing of MCLA, the car list of Forza and the visuals of NFS:Shift.

Now THAT would be the best racer EVER!

19. JonFE

Blerk, you can’t possibly mean that…

…that fuck is boring I mean :D

20. onyxbox

Let’s put it this way. If it was GT5 sitting there in second place on launch the press would be all over it with Sony negative spin PS3 LOL etc.

Instead we celabrate that PES has knocked FIFA off the top slot (for a bit probably).

21. Blerk

Well, the exact same thing happened last week with Uncharted 2, of course. But most people can quite happily interpret the chart for what it is. Most people.

22. The Hindle

yea sure every GT numbered sequel has sold 10m plus, so im assuming GT 5 is a guranteed no 1 game. i mean gt prolouge has done 4m and its just a demo

23. OrbitMonkey

All these charts show is that the only console exclusives that have staying power are on the Wii… God knows why we brits love it so much…