Gearbox: Borderlands seeing retail shortages in US

Thursday, 22nd October 2009 11:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

borderlands21

Sent to die, Mr. Pachter? Gearbox laughs at you!

VP of Marketing at the developer, Steve Gibson has said to IGN that Borderlands has been selling out in some regions of the US when it went on sale in the US on Tuesday.

“Yes, Borderlands copies of the Xbox 360 SKU have run out in a few regions, especially the east coast,” said Gibson.

“There will be more copies of Borderlands available on shelves as early as Thursday or Friday at many retailers. The PlayStation 3 SKU issues on the west coast are mostly regional and can be addressed by reallocation. We are confident that will happen quickly.”

The game is out tomorrow in the UK for PS3 and 360.

Thanks, Blerk.

1. mescalineeyes

Borderlands deserves to rewarded, if not for being awesome, then for not pussying out of this release window. way to go Randy & crew.

2. mart

Wonder why Mr. Gibson felt the need to say “There will be more copies of Borderlands available on shelves as early as Thursday or Friday at many retailers.” twice… ;)

3. DJ Deathstar

Good to see a new IP doing well!
    Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy come Friday!

4. Johnny Cullen

Guuuuuh!

That is a sign that I need to eat. Fixed, anyways.

5. Blerk

Sleeper hit, I think. I get the impression this is going to be far more popular than anyone thought, never mind grumpy-face Pachter. :-)

And a good thing, too – nice to see a new IP that does things ‘a bit differently’ catching a break. I think I’m going to pick a copy up myself, as a matter o’ fact.

6. Phoenixblight

I was working (at a retail store) by the time I hit first break (midnight) there was already 15 people buying this game.

I haven’t actually looked into this game. I put it on my gamefly list though.

7. Luthion DeCosta

Told you it would be popular.

8. Enkeixpress

Hope it isn’t as bad in the UK on 23rd..

I very much doubt that I won’t get a copy though as I will be one of the first people to buy the game off the shelf. :D

9. endgame

hehe, i knew it. already preordered the pc version 2 weeks ago. but being from EU, and being the pc version it will take some time for me to get my hands on it. :)

10. Detale

Very tempted by this, glad to hear it’s doing so well.

11. evilashchris

I know a lot of people who are going to be picking this up, bodes well for lots of co-op!

Blerk really needs a Gold Membership, maybe you should do some competitions for those? :D

12. blackdreamhunk

I got it on steam, that way I can play the game any where when I go traveling.

I kind of like the achievements on steam too.

13. Blerk

I really need some broadband that doesn’t suck before I need a gold membership, evilashchris. :-D

14. The_Deleted

Pachter’s a tosser. Getting paid good money for guessing.

15. pracer

Very good game. In a world of over rated, over hyped, mega million dollar marketed games. Its nice to see something come along that is actualy captivating and fun, and best part is no one saw it coming.

This one is worth the buy.

16. Gamoc

I’ve been waiting for this for a while and I’m picking it up tomorrow morning (both because I’ll be in town early tomorrow anyway and because I don’t want to risk missing out by getting it later). It certainly looks good.

17. blackdreamhunk

not only that it’s going to be huge for pc gaming.

18. pracer

Thats true BHD, the PC has been carried by strong Console sales for awhile now. Plus gotta remind yourself that if not for sites like this one(mostly a console site) PC versions of many many games, like Borderlands for example wouldn’t be getting all of this publicity to help drive PC sales.

19. blackdreamhunk

console gaming is joke! you can enjoy your last generation of consoles.

pc gaming alot more money console gaming can even handle, In fact even in a ression pc gaming is hotter than console gaming.

Online gaming companies are reposting tons of cash in a ression. Unlike console game devs going bankuprt!

half of acvistion income comes from blizzard alone.

by the way the boycott is now at 135 0000 pc gamers

20. Freek

How many times does an analyst have to be wrong before stop listening to them and what makes them different from say the average forum poster or GAF member?

21. Blerk

A paycheck.

22. Johnny Cullen

“console gaming is joke!”

Yeah, you’ve said that before. Now, fuck up.

23. Detale

What he said.

24. blackdreamhunk

the only place where sony and microsft likes nice big brght RED numbers and game devs like to bankuprt. Oh lets not forget the huge amounts of failures rates just to play so games on.

25. Psychotext

Obsessed much?

26. blackdreamhunk

no just really smart, I let the girls do the Obsessing.

27. SticKboy

Super smart! Super sex-ay!

28. blackdreamhunk

I’m not the who took the frist cheap shot! take very good look.

last time i checked the gaming Industry hates pc gamers!!!

29. Syrok

Last time I checked the “gaming industry” brought plenty of games to the PC and some of them where even better looking compared to the console counterparts. ;)

30. Psychotext

I’ve never seen someone with such poor reasoning, grammar and spelling describe themselves as smart before. Impressive.

31. blackdreamhunk

Yea well I can care less what you think, I ,mean your not god.

32. Gekidami

Psycho’s better then god, god’s never been quoted in The Daily Star. :D

33. Psychotext

“Yea well I can care less what you think, I ,mean your not god.”

What did that poor comma near the end do to offend you?

34. blackdreamhunk

funny last time I checked god can handle truth.too bad it can’t be said for alot of people. lol

I hear truth is what wall street couldn’t handle too as well, on top of the greed. another caose of the ression lol

35. Psychotext

By the way, you never did respond regarding your feelings on Nvidia stating that > 50% of their revenue going forward is going to be from handheld consoles and mobile devices.

Where are you going to be purchasing your graphics cards from when you inevitably decide to boycott them for supporting consoles?

36. blackdreamhunk

there is always a company and willing to take your place at the top of the food chain. Not at the buttom.;)

Oh by they way I am going to loving this game soooooooooo much!

all we pc gamers need is just one conapny to go bankuprt, AMD look like the perfect conampany. I mean them consoles are not making AMD richer any time soon.

when the pc Industry is in a disrray we pc gamers will still have games, can’t be said for console with AMd having what is 80% of hardware in them.

37. SticKboy

Yeesh, it’s like the anthropomorphisation of Loose Change.

38. Psychotext

I’m sorry… did you just suggest that just having only one graphics card / CPU manufacturer with a defacto monopoly would be good for PC gamers?

39. blackdreamhunk

yea but it would be a great plsure not having deal with pc gaming dying all the time. Even better yet dumb game dev speak so meny lies.Oh and we would have big companies giving consomers more rspect. they would finaly know there place in the food chain.

40. Psychotext

You mean right at the top of the food chain as the only company people can buy from… meaning little innovation, no competition on pricing and the execs / shareholders laughing all the way to to bank?

Sounds great.

41. pracer

Geez BDH you didn’t even try to answer my challenge. I understand, you have no answer.

42. blackdreamhunk

wow Do I have to answer the question more than once. It’s like this people don’t need consoles as much as they need computers in this day an age.Oh wait you can’t read inbetween the lines. man it goes to show how enlighten people really are, what a joke.

no one company will ever have a monopoly for long.

43. MushroomStamp

You’re an idiot. The more you talk the more it reinforces the need for an education. However, from the sound of you, you’re still in jr. high. So, it’s to be expected.

44. Phoenixblight

Yeah I have to go watch History channel or Discovery channel whenever I read his posts.

45. Filofax

I prefer National geographic whenever bdh posts, didn’t realise Homo erectus used the net.