Molyneux announces Natal support for Fable 3 [Update]

Wednesday, 21st October 2009 20:53 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable-iii-3

Update: Minkley’s confirmed it.

Original Story: If a tweet from UK industry money man and Gamesbrief founder Nicholas Lovell’s to be believed, Peter Molyneux tonight confirmed that Fable 3 will feature Natal support.

Said the note: “Fable 3 will have Natal support. Is that an announcement? #molyneux”

Molyneux dropped the nugget in a BAFTA lecture in London tonight.

We’re in Scotland with Microsoft at the moment, and no one seemed shocked by this. We’ll get an official comment in the morning.

1. Johnny Cullen

Biggest (un)surprise ever.

2. freedoms_stain

you will have to perform elaborate conjuration dances to cast spells :p

3. Digital Forge

Fable 3 Natal bundle could go down quite well I imagine.

Just hope it doesn’t turn the game into a novelty just for the sake of extra features.

4. Phoenixblight

No Reach has been rumored to have Natal compatibility that is something to bundle with afterall anything with Halo on it will sure to sell. Not so much Fable especially after this last one. Peter has diarrhea of the mouth spewing nonsense.

Still waiting for the Acorn to be a tree there PM…

5. Gekidami

Far as i know its never even been hinted that Reach will support Natal, its just assumed because its an upcoming Halo game and it would make sense to boost Natal sales.
    But again, as far as i know no one well-placed has ever put the words “Reach” and “Natal” in the same sentance.

6. Phoenixblight

True Gek but if MS really want to sell Natal they would tie it with Halo. I see no point in getting natal myself, just so I can wave my hands at the TV to move selections? Pass
    Or to play another of PM exagerated POS definately pass.

7. BeastModeYMOB

lol fable 3? really? LMAO. I’d like someone on here to plz tell me how the hell can a fps work with natal. How will I be able to shoot my fuckin gun is all I want to know.

8. Gekidami

I’m guessing you mean Halo Reach Beast? Because Fable isnt a FPS.

9. Johnny Cullen

It hasnt been officially hinted, BUT if one of the stories I did on my first day here is anything, my guess is it could with Reach’s third person perspective (I know Reach is an FPS, but everyone and their mum knows all Halo FPSs have TPS points too).

10. ecu

Reach will definitely support Natal, they’d be mad not to. There’s no better way to get it in to the market.

11. BeastModeYMOB

I know what the hell Fable is. I’m just wanting to know HOW will natal work with fps’s. I haven’t heard or seen anything to make me believe that it could work the right way w/o a controller. I mean I seriously don’t have a clue on how that could make the game sssooo much better. Natal is a no go for me if it doesn’t work well with fps’s.

12. Gekidami

Honnestly i dont see how Natal could work with most genres without the thing just being a small gimmick used alongside the pad but i’m sure devs will find ways…

13. BeastModeYMOB

Come to think of it…I can’t see myself playing a game w/o my controller for 2-8hrs str8 like I do eveyday. That shit would get old very quick. Atleast with Wii and SoMo(SonyMotion) I can sit on my ass & keep goin lol. I guess natal will not be for the lazy gamers (90%) in the world.

14. joseangelhe

So will I actually have to do the Pelvic Thrust motion in real life or burp to impress the crowds in fable 3?

15. The Hindle

Im amazed they are doing a Fable 3 so soon, took 4 year to make fable 2 didnt it?

16. Johnny Cullen

Three years.

I think.

17. freedoms_stain

Natal and “head tracking” are often found in the same sentence.

18. BeastModeYMOB

WTF is “head tracking” going to help the shooting in fps or 3ps?

19. freedoms_stain

Looking around corners without needing the precious button space to map the action?

Being able to run in a straight line while looking left/right/up above of where you’re headed?

20. Blerk

Not really a surprise, this. And as long as it’s optional, it’s all good.

21. nicholaslovell

It was a Molyneux classic – he looked at his PR person after the words fell from his mouth and then clarified. Something like: “I mean, we’ve got this technology, and we’re working on Fable 3, it would make sense to combine them, wouldn’t it?”

He then accidentally said that Grand Theft Auto was made in England and turned bright red. Very apologetic.

22. DrDamn

@BeastModeYMOB

Head tracking explained. Starts off with flight sims then racers, FPS is about 3 minutes in. This is the sort of thing which has me interested in Natal. You can keep your mini game crap.

23. BeastModeYMOB

I’ve seen that video already and i’ve known about that tech. But what I want to know still has not been answered. How will I be able to shoot my gun w/o using a button or trigger on NATAL?

24. pracer

Natal + Acti = Gun Hero

It comes with a plastic toy gun you can use to point at the screen. The game will feature fresh new graphics … but really bad music that no one wants. Acti pormises new guns via dlc to be coming soon.

25. pracer

Maybe it is voice activated Beast? It fire when you point your fingers and yell Bang! Bang!

26. BeastModeYMOB

lol that would suck lol.