StarCraft II LAN petition breaks 213,000 signatures

Tuesday, 20th October 2009 14:08 GMT By Patrick Garratt

starcraft2_logo

Um. Wow. The StarCraft II petition launched at the end of June to get LAN funationality implemented in the game now stands at 213,016 signatures.

Blizzards announced in June that LAN play was to be left out of the RTS, as it wanted instead to push all multiplay through the soon-to-be-relaunched Battle.net.

In other petition news, the MW2 dedicated server petition is now approaching 100,000 names. Go internet, etc.

Thanks, Gekidami.

1. David Sarkisjan

MW2 petition has gathered 100,000 signatures just in one week. StarCraft II one is up much longer.

2. Hunam

It’s understandable. MW2 comes out far sooner and where the LAN issue was important to gamers, it has a tinge of understandability even if it is still stupid, MW2 not having dedicated servers just makes no lick of sense, I mean IWnet thing could just be used as a gateway like WON was and how Steam works etc, you log into that and then you can access the master server list which points you towards the dedicated servers paid for my fans. But not allowed servers at all is just retarded.

3. Grimrita

When I was working for a major publisher, I was asked how would the community react if LAN was removed. I said, probably wouldnt care but those that who did would get upset, would be very vocal and get the attention(it was for a triple A racing title)- so they kept it in.

I was stunned at the cost though just to put LAN functionality in was around $150,000!!!

4. sennasnit

funationality, what have you got against the fu’s

5. Jadeskye

a quarter of million people is a chunk, even for blizzard. someone’s gotta listen.

6. Hunam

Oh I don’t know, all this is saving me some cash now I’m not buying Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

7. rainer

I dont think these petitions have any sway over Activision it clearly has a vision in mind remember when kotick hinted at their own Xbox Live service.

Its only a matter of time before battle.net and IWnet merge into one system.

Just because people sign a petition doesn’t mean they are not going to buy it either, I imagine most of them will or pirate it.

8. endgame

alright, starcraft players need more support. let’s give it to them. even though, as u guys said, the actifuckingc***s probably won’t care about it.

9. loki

boring and stupid

look like PC games so sucks what Pc gamers make new interesting game petition

10. blackdreamhunk

“Yes it is a luxury product. And those products rely on the goodwill of customers. If we stop considering them as something to covet and enjoy then they loose their business.”

11. abbe

Loki, did you replace your brain with a console and cant make coherent sentences anymore?