Nelson – PS3 will soon be “off,” covered in “dust”

Tuesday, 20th October 2009 09:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

majornelson

We don’t care if this is old. Nelson told HipHopGamer at E3 that PS3′s going to be gathering dust soon thanks to Metal Gear: Rising going multi-plat.

“I’m going to be happy when I come to your place next time and I see your PS3 off with dust on it,” said the exec.

“That’s all I want to say.”

You must watch this video. At 6.20 Nelson’s asked, “How was you able to whip the Wii’s ass?”

1. Joe Anderson (wotta)

I wonder if his is gathering dust then since he went out and bought Uncharted 2.

2. Ghost_Dog

What a tool.

3. Joe Anderson (wotta)

He does look like he has had a few, therefore the mines bigger than yours complex had probably kicked in.

4. Eregol

Can someone tell me who this prick is?
    Seriously, what the hell is he on?
    And Rising isn’t even going to be a proper Metal Gear game is it?

5. The_Deleted

You’d think someone of his age would GROW THE FUCK UP!!
    Console wars are the domain of teens and single console owners who feel they need to stand up for their choice of console by damning another. Stupid, really.
    Mind you, we have a Wii, and it is pointless.

6. TastyAcidMilkk

lol fuckin idiot, by his logic no one will buy the ps3 version just the 360, nelson once thiers at least 10 upcomming 360 games i want worth a wank ill brush off the 10 layers of dust off my 360

7. ScreenTearing

I always thought he was a smart and rational guy, but this proves otherwise, unless of course he was drunk.

When you are a respected person in the 360/PS3/Wii community, you should be a calm influence to the horde of fanboy not the troll that adds gas to the fire…

8. mojo

good grief..

now back in ur corner, boii.

See thats the difference between MS and sony. sony would not trying to get attention by going rubbish about a competitors console.
    japanese vs american mentality maybe?

well, lets sum it up:
    a approximately 40-45 year old, named “major nelson” is starting a flame war when giving an interview to HIPHOPGAMER

am i the only one finding this a bit odd?

9. The Hindle

Such a moron, Microsoft act as though they have won this console war. Saying that tho Sony are just as bad

10. TastyAcidMilkk

i find microsoft the most ignorant tbh this prooves it along with greenburgs constant damage control and bashing

11. mescalineeyes

The major difference between Major Nelson and 360 fanboys: Larry gets paid for it ;)

12. Eregol

Are Microsoft turning into Sony?
    Getting high on success and letting it go to their heads?
    In recent months I’ve seen a more subdued and smarter Sony (UK tv adverts aside), almost apologetic in a way. While MS have been aggressive and dismissive of everything.

Lets face it, Sony have done and said some stupid things this generation, but as Sony are now turning the screw MS seem to be letting themselves slip. Their only major thing to me seems to be Natal.

The sooner all these people who are paid (way too much) money to promote consoles can stop willy waving and getting into pissing contests the sooner we can start respecting the console race again.

13. Quiiick

What a fucking tool!

14. scratchy69

I started watching it, but couldn’t understand what the gentleman at the beginning was saying beyond “yeah, yeah”. I’m assuming the constant hand-clapping thing is some sort of tic?

15. Suikoden Fan

i found the presenter more cringe worthy than major nelson

16. pracer

“We don’t care if this is old. Nelson told HipHopGamer at E3 that PS3’s going to be gathering dust soon thanks to Metal Gear: Rising going multi-plat.”

Why don’t “we” care? If its old its old. I mean MGS? Thats a shit game anyways. I mean really, the xb360 was outsold for a month. And it still sold well, not like it didn’t sell at all. Not like the world suddenly stoped buying them. Not like they didn’t have the number one selling software game durring the month. Not like the PS3 won the world cup. lol. I just think people are getting a tad carried away. Its just a video game system anyways. Its a toy.
    As for Major Nelson, he is a mouth piece of MS. Puts him in the same standing as that guy that made the “gamers will need/want two jobs to be able to buy a PS3″ statement. And as far as I can tell, PS3s do collect a lot of dust. Mine sat there till Fat Princess came out(that game should be download game of the year imo).
    To be honest I think this story/headline is just a case of feeding the audience. Again I am amazed, nearly stunned at the UK love for PS3. If you walk into a school, work place or even a gamestop and talk up PS3, you will be laughed at(In the US). People will pretty much say what I do, its nice, but I play xb360 more. I have even seen people that own PS3 drop their head, almost embarrased to admit to owning one. Kinda silly, but its true.
    Now, that being said, the sales picked up last month. Awesome. I own the system, and want it to do well. I don’t want one platform holder(MS or Sony) to be the only show in town. Thats bad for gamers. I also want to see a long line of high quality games for PS3 that I will enjoy playing. But lets put in into context instead of bandwagoning. The PS3 outsold the xb360 for ONE month. Its not a revolation, the sky is not falling, people are not trading in their xb360s en mass. This isn’t life changing. Its just the way of the game biz. Just fyi the Sega Saturn out sold the PSone here and there too. And I loved the Saturn, but for every month a Panzer Dragoon came out and a price cut happend and sales spiked, you had several months of the system getting hammered and dramaticly outsold.
    Take off the rose colored glasses. See things with perspective. Temper your love. And stop the Nelson hate, he is what he is, a mouth piece. That said he has lost a points of respect in my eyes for his recent “comericial” and sales pitch of the new Xbox360 sales skus on LIVEs “major minute”. But then again the man is just doing his job.

17. Filofax

@scratchy69
    Reading your comment made me chuckle. The coffee that was in my mouth is now running down the monitor, many thanks for that.

@pracer
    You seem to despise anything said in favour of the PS3, or anything bad said about the Xbox360. You sure your real name is not Larry Hryb?

18. pracer

@Filo

Damn they are onto me :P

I see things the way I see ‘em. And no I don’t dispise PS3. I just don’t see it as the holy grail of gaming either. I did spend most of yesterday playing it, and will prolly do the same today once the caffine kicks in. But for months on end it sat there, I used it only to check out the PS store. And watch the once in awhile blue ray.

19. The Hindle

Once again pracer anti sony comments, id say the 500 thousand people who bought the ps3 in americia for september dissagree otherwise

20. Baldulf

Thanks to guys like these I love even more my PS3.

If they had already won the console wars I wonder why they must keep whit this shitty actitude?

21. The Hindle

Baldulf

same here i actually buy multi plat games on my Ps3 cause idiot Arron Greenberg said the 360 is the platform of choice for all games, pfft bullshit

22. Baldulf

Well, multi games usually look better on the 360, that’s a fact. I would certainly buy them in the 360 if I had one.

But I prefer Ps3 exclusives over the 360′s. Games like Uncharted 2 and inFamous made a good value for the system.

23. BeastModeYMOB

I just can’t see myself paying to play online. I mean i’ve been reported sssoo many times for kicking someone ass too bad. WTF is that about huh? That is the reason why I love the PS3…because I can kickass w/o being reported for doing so good. Oh did I 4get about the free online. People can hate on PS3 all they want but it’s FREE to be online. However many PSN ID’s i’d like to have I can & I can play online with those. Browsing the web right now from my PS3…I think I might just print this page out from my PS3. I don’t care for a system that has a shit load of games cuz I don’t play that many. Plus i’d like for someone on here to PLZ tell me how the hell will Natal be able to shoot a gun w/o a controller. I’m not hating on it but i’d really seriously like to know. Because if that turns out to be ok then maybe i’d get another 360. But Natal would be the only reason. Nothing else on the 360 is worth the money. Don’t try attacking me for my POV ok…let’s be mature about it.

24. Baldulf

I don’t think the Natal would be precise enough for “hardcore” games. It would work with family games or low pace adventures, but nothing has the precision of a controler.

Same goes for the Sony Wand, of course. If I wanted to jump like a monkey in front of the TV I would have bought a Wii.

25. BeastModeYMOB

lol true

26. reask

I don’t think I have ever come across anything that has been taken out of context as much as that interview.

I watched it and this is what he said.

When I come over to your place I want to see your PS3 gathering dust.

It was a answer to the question he asked about MGS going multi.
    At the end of the video the interviewer clearly states that he prefers PS3.

So he was referring to him specifically.

I mean how far do you have to stretch what somebody says to make it a story?

He clearly stated that the competition was tough and that he had great respect for them.

These kind of headlines do only one thing and that is start arguments that keep sites hot.

I actually agreed with a lot of what he said about MS having to up there game next year but the article is misleading IMO and folks should watch it if they have not done already.

27. pracer

Good call reask. Now I feel dirty.