Microsoft trials “pilot rewards program” for Live

Tuesday, 20th October 2009 16:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xboxlivelogo

Microsoft is apparently about to trial some kind of Live rewards program.

According to Kotaku, emails received by subscribers today promise “cool stuff” for those chosen for stage one of the effort.

“This is an exclusive pilot rewards program,” said the mail.

“Well, you’ve only got until October 21, 2009 to let us know you want cool stuff, because after that, the doors close and someone else gets the cool stuff.”

Read the full thing through there. Rumour for now.

1. Blerk

I got one of those emails today. It’s for my US account though, so I didn’t bother to reply.

2. Roybott

Is this rewards thing linked to the ‘number of years of Gold membership’ number that we now have on our gamercards since the Summer update? – (can’t remember what they called it)

They did say something before about rewarding people who have been a member of Xbox live for multiple years…

3. Blerk

Obviously not, given that I don’t have a Gold account. :-)

4. Whizzo

As a sixer I look forward to any rewards with interest.

5. Roybott

@Blerk, ahh fair enough then :)

@Whizzo, Damn I’m only a 5 but I still want a reward :D

6. Psychotext

I’m actually showing as zero years… which is odd really because I’ve had Live since day one on the 360.

7. Alakratt

“That means that the people who get in get stuff. Cool stuff. You want cool stuff, right? Sure you do, we all want stuff. Especially cool stuff.”

Did a drug dealer write this?

8. M2Kx

@7: :D

Cool Stuff is cool btw
    I didn’t get any mail from MS :/

9. DarkElfa

Wow, that’s almost as cool an idea as making those game achievement points worth actual Microsoft points instead of being, you know, worth nothing.

You bunch of cheap MS bastards…

10. Psychotext

I’m sure those nutters with 200k of achievement points would have loved that… for the couple of weeks before Microsoft went bankrupt because of it. ;)

11. woodyrulesok

It’s not cool if someone says it’s cool, it can only be cool if it’s very uncool but a cool dude makes it cool. That’s until it’s uncool again because too many people think it’s cool.

12. G1GAHURTZ

woodyrulesok is so cool!

13. Blerk

I actually figured I’d go back and sign up just to see what it was, but now I discover it’s only open to proper US residents.

14. pracer

I got 6 next to my name, what do I win?