Kojima: “I can promise” Zone Of the Enders 3

Monday, 19th October 2009 13:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Zone of the Enders 2

Hideo Kojima has come out on his blog and promised that Zone of the Enders 3 will be made – some day.

“I cannot make a promise about time. However, I can promise a sequel.”

He however admitted that the failures of Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner was “an error” on his part

The game, which was released in 2003 and produced by Kojima, recieved great praise and has a cult following. But he maintains the mediocre sales were down to a bad schedule.

“Everything was due to an error by me.

“At that time, if I hadn’t made a mistake with the release date, [Zone of the Enders] might have ended up a major Kojima Productions title to follow MGS, still seeing development as a series,” admits the head of Kojima Productions.

Still, ZOE3 is a certain now at KP. Everyone’s a winner. Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Johnny Cullen

I’ll admit I didn’t like the first game. I thought it was alright actually.

But the second game was amazing. If ZOE3 is anything like that, I’ll take it. :D

2. Eregol

Woooooooooohhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Alakratt

What errors is Kojima talking about?! To me ZOE2 was perfect! The music, the graphics, the gameplay! Jesus! The first was great, short, but great! So guys, we did it! ZOE3 is coming (when I dunno)!!!

4. ecu

Cannot wait. Loved the first game, thought the second was okay.

They should both be on the PS store to hype people up.

5. theevilaires

Great news :) probably the best all this week

6. Tonka

Now promise some new IP.

/doesn’t hold breath

7. Johnny Cullen

Tonka – http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/kojima-confirms-work-on-new-ip-several-other-titles-in-development/

Alakratt – He meant the sales for the game.

8. Jadeskye

Confirmed. 2020 on the playstation 5.

9. Alakratt

@ Cullen
    Oh, well, I never pay attention to that. Unfortunately, sells determine if something is great or not. Sucks…

10. joshua nash