Dante’s Inferno hands out “Bad Nanny” Achievement for infantcide

Thursday, 15th October 2009 20:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dantesinferno

Jonathan Knight, the executive producer for Dante’s Inferno, revealed during yesterday’s EA’s “Naughty and Nice” holiday press event that players will unlock an Achievement for killing the scary, unbaptized infants in the game.

Called the “Bad Nanny” Achievement, it is unknown how many of the babes with knives for arms you will have to slaughter to get it, but there it is anyway.

Surely someone out there will find fault with this, but it’s not like if you tickle them you’ll be left alone.

It takes place in Hell after all.

More over on UGO.

1. theevilaires

wow man EA has been making some really shitty looking games lately. Not really shitty but sub par not pushing the hardware to their limits. Just think these were the same guys who tried to buy out Take 2.

Could you imagine what mess the GTA series would be like in their hands…ouch that hurts just thinking about it.

2. Phoenixblight

You obviously never played Dead space. GTA has always looked like crap that the problem with Sandbox games waste all the resources to making an expansive city.

Saints Row 2 looked better than the last GTA.

3. theevilaires

yea I never played dead space which is why I have a platinum trophy for it. Dead Space was great and a beautiful game at its time. Go back now and play that 2008 gem and you’ll find its nothing more than a regular rock now.

Dante’s Inferno doesn’t look all that great to me and neither does Brutal legend. They look like glorified 3rd party titles…which is what they are :P

4. Gekidami

Surely if the guy is blantantly pointing out the achievement it just shows how he wants there to be some controversy to score abit of advertising.

5. psxman

Though some T-1000-esque blades would be pretty bitching when it comes to preparing sammiches… Hmm, I feel like I’ve missed out on something good now.

Also; Dead Space was fantastic and all, but the hack/slash genre wears thin since a lot of the time, it all feels the same.
    Because of the general pace of the hack/slash genre, you can’t really stop and look at the scenery and I think that’s about half of the appeal for this game.
    Not that I’m saying this’d be better if it were a FPS/3PS as EA is going for historical accuracy, right?(!)

6. mescalineeyes

with bayonetta and gow3 coming, does anyone really need this game? no surprise they’re going all out with the shock factor.

7. SticKboy

Personally, I’m well excited by this game. I think it looks fab, has a really intriguing premise and comes from a studio and dev team with unquestionable credibility.

Aside from Castlevanie: Lords of Shadow this is shaping up to be my most anticipated 3rd-person hack & slash romp – far, *far* more so than Bayonetta and definitely up there with GoW3,

I for one applaud EA’s decision to invest in original IP – they take sizeable risks these days, and that’s refreshing for an American publisher of their size.

8. DaMan

I’m not sure about this one yet. I don’t like the protagonist, lulz..

and, I’m not a fan of God of War gameplay, I always preferred DMC style.

9. JonFE

I’m with Gekidami on this one. It seems to me that, by singling out this achievement, he’s after some quick and dirty attention. Which bodes quite well with the infamous paid-for picket protest at E3 :D

10. Gekidami

Indeed, its pretty lame really. That fake picket just shows how EA want to try and surf the controversy wave with this game.
    The game itself looks pretty decent, but if EA keeps this up i just hope it bombs to teach them a lesson.

11. Phoenixblight

Ofcourse nothing beats free publicity. I bet when people found out about the Hot coffee mod everyone rushed to get the “uncensored” version of GTA. I know I sold that GTA for well over the market (60$) when I had waited a few months after they had remade it.

12. El_MUERkO

loltastic, EA in the baby killing business, wonder what the mainstream media will make of that :D