Nintendo releasing black controllers for Wii next month

Wednesday, 14th October 2009 14:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

blackwiicontrollers

Nintendo has sent word that on November 16 black Wii Remotes and Nunchuks will hit retail.

The Remote controller will be packaged with a black Wii MotionPlus for $49.99, while the Nunchuk will be available separately for $19.99.

“The Wii Remote revolutionized not only how people play games, but also who plays them,” said NOA’s Cammie Dunaway.

“The new color lets people customize their setup, and the controllers make great stocking stuffers for players of any age.”

Yes they do, Cammie.

1. pleasant_cabbage

Make them wireless you bunch of runts.

2. Gekidami

You mean the nunchuk? Why? Do you like using batteries for everything? The Wiimote already eats throught 2 AA’s in about 4 hours.

3. pleasant_cabbage

It could come as usb chargeable ;)

I usually use my wii for sports and fitness stuff, nowadays. I find the cord between the two to be most restrictive in both these genres.

Example 1: Tennis/Boxing = the cord means I can’t move both hands as freely as I’d like to and end up doing something that feels kinda forced and breaks the illusion a little bit more.

Example 2: EA active. It’s a chore to have them linked and the cable ends up (a) slapping me in the face (probably karma for buying all this tat) (b) wrapping itself around my head/neck/hands.

Yes I’m ‘special’ but still.

4. 2EX08

@ pleasent_cabbage
    Solution: purchase a third party wireless nunchuk.

5. freedoms_stain

There are induction chargers for the wii now, no reason why they couldn’t work with nunchucks.

Nyko make a wireless nunchuck called the kama but the current model is incompatible with wm+ and there are mixed reports of the accelerometer being sub par compared to the nintendo wired nunchuck.

I would love an official wireless nunchuck personally.

Pretty sure I get more than 4 hours out regular batteries too.

6. Syrok

So now even the emo teens can play Mario. \o/

7. pleasant_cabbage

@2ex08
    You’d think that would be the solution. I did. It works with nothing else though :)

It won’t fit into the EA leg strap thing and it needs a paired dongle inserted into the wiimote to make it work, but it cannae do it, Jim, as the motion + buggers that up. So I failed. That’s the moral of the story.

-as Mr Stains points out-

8. Psychotext

Where’s my black console you fuckbadgers?

9. Syrok

In Japan most likely.

10. elronathon

way too late for me. Wish they had done a GC and offered different colours of console + peripheral earlier on.

I guess they were trying to keep a unified brand image but bah I wanted me a black wii!