Kojima says Peace Walker will make you want a PSP

Wednesday, 14th October 2009 14:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mgspeacewalker2

Hideo Kojima has told Famitsu that he has a surprise in store for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, one that will make people wanna stampede to their nearest retailer and buy a PSP, apparently.

“I’m putting everything I want to do on a portable console into this game,” said Kojima. “I haven’t announced this yet, but there’s another feature in here that will surprise people, to the point where they’ll want to go out and buy a PSP right now!”

It can’t be the addition of Yamaha’s Vocaloid software, because he discussed that in the same interview, nor the cutscenes, or the thick as a brick script. It has to be something else. Maybe Snake sings in it. Who knows.

Guess all will be revealed when it’s released.

More through 1UP.

1. Psychotext

Not that anyone will see this, because of the other comments thread, but he says “PSP” not “PSP Go”.

2. Syrok

Same thing, no? Just that one is horribly overpriced. :)

3. Psychotext

Well… I just don’t think he’s crazy enough to believe that anyone want a PSP Go because of his game. Maybe a PSP. ;)

4. Gekidami

It’ll inject your PSP with nanomachines that will build you a second analogue.

5. Dralen

I want one, I just cannot afford to buy one. :(

6. pracer

I have one, and its not as nice as I thought it would be. No matter what the situation is I would almost always rather play on the big screen. I know, I know its a travel system. Kinda hard to play when your driving :P Some of the PSP games are nice, but the PSP to TV cable is crap and no matter how you look at it the PSP screen is small.

7. Doomsayer

@Gekidami – that comment was pure genius, i nearly spilled my coffee over my mac ;)

8. Komond_Deckard

Title has nothing to do really with the real comment. PSP is not PSPGo, and by now PSP-3000 is not over. That title makes people think it will have something special for PSPGo that wouldn’t have the rest of PSPs, and me, as a PSP-1000 user, was quite surprised.

9. Gavin_R

The above post echoes my thoughts exactly.

10. Gekidami

Actually i agree with Mr. Deckard; My heart skipped a beat when i read the title and thought i’d be missing out on some content/feature. Turns out i wont, VG247 owe me a heart beat!

11. Stephany Nunneley

Sorry. Misread it while trying to keep up with UC2 posts. Changing now. Sorry for any cardiac episodes I may have caused. :-( :-)

12. Detale

Not really the end of the world is it?

13. TastyAcidMilkk

just played the demo, exellent game

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Oh man, can you imagine if they made this game a necessary link up to patch/unlock MGS4 trophies?! That would be a total scam, but I could see them selling SHIT-TONS of copies with all the trophy whores out there.