Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend launch in the US

Tuesday, 13th October 2009 08:16 GMT By Patrick Garratt

brutaluncharted

It’s passed the Witching Hour all over America, and both Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Brutal Legend are now on sale Stateside.

Naughty Dog boss Evan Wells is pumped enough to be twitpiccing shots of a midnight launch queue in Culver City, while Mr Schafer just dropped word that he’s on his way to his local Gamestop.

The games are two of the most highly anticipated this holiday season, and reviews show why – Uncharted 2 is still the highest-rated PS3 exclusive ever. Brutal Legend’s first scores hit yesterday, but that chances of this not being worth your money are a tad remote.

Buy both. Go nuts. But whatever you go, buy both.

Uncharted 2 releases in mainland Europe tomorrow and the UK this Friday. Brutal Legend is available now in the UK.

1. rrod360lol

It wouldn’t matter how cool my game was, if I went at midnight to see the sort of people who hang around GAME buying my game I’d still go home and kill myself for encouraging them.

2. Dralen

I want to buy Brutal Legend as well as Uncharted 2, but I just preordered Dragon Age as well. Damn you conflicting release dates!

3. blackdreamhunk

I’m not missing any sleep and both are over hyped garbage games. 1 of them is satanic and full of illumnati junk.

4. Gekidami

LOL WUT.

5. blackdreamhunk

lets just say I am alot more powerful, well connected and enlighted than you are.

6. freedoms_stain

You’ve played them then blackdreamhunk?

7. Gekidami

Heres a link for you BDH, apart from the American part the guy is pretty much talking about you.

8. blackdreamhunk

Obama is not the antichrist, the antichrist is a pure roman. There are thing beyond human control. the temple needs to be build. christain are not terrorits, real christain don’t use weapons.Our weapons are what you people call paranormal or acts of god.

we die speaking the truth, In fact ever since jesus him self died losts of christains have been killed.

who ever useis the sword dies by the sword.

see this stuff is real and in your face

building of the stone alter of sacfices.

world goverment on the move or should I say nwo

the 1 world reglion is now here and on the move

I am doing some reach on the 1 world reglion but I know it’s growing movement.

oh isreal now has 4 red heifers

you don’t see holly fire too often do you

9. DaMan

whoever is behind bdh, they’re brilliant.

10. Gamoc

blackdreamhunk, if you were so ‘enlightened’ you wouldn’t have a personality like stomach acid.

Not to mention that an enlightened person would never say they are more powerful nor more enlightened than anyone. It’s like a requirement of being enlightened – it’s in the foot notes.

11. freedoms_stain

I’ve never seen holly fire.

I have seen leaves on fire though, I imagine it’s a lot like that.

12. blackdreamhunk

when the antichrist comes your going to see the real christain fighting. Your going to see real a spiritual battle.

paranormal and acts of god

13. Gekidami

:D

14. Gamoc

When that fictional character appears and battles against the fictional lord almighty, I will carve ‘fancy that’ onto my cock with a compass.

15. SticKboy

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.

16. Galactic_Barret

What about this, BDH? http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/09/21/buddhist-leader-enjoys-videogames

The man totally plays war games on his Playstation (console), and he is way more powerful , connected, and enlightened than you.

What was that sound? Just your mind, being BLOWN.

17. Gamoc

I like you Barret, you’re going places.

18. blackdreamhunk

yea i can tell who you people worship, I mean it’s all over the brutal lengend.

trust me, when real christains and god is ready to move your going to know.

19. Dean

“I can’t be a missionary, I don’t even believe in Jebus”

“Save me, Jebus!!”

20. Psychotext

Holly fire. Brilliant. You couldn’t make it up. :D

21. blackdreamhunk

here is a time table for you

22. Johnny Cullen

Amazed at such stupidity shown today. :D

23. G1GAHURTZ

Check this out, bdh.

24. The Hindle

Wow this is got to be the funniest thread ive ever read, Bdh are you on drugs by any chance?

25. Gamoc

I’m pretty sure he’s on a priest’s lap.

26. blackdreamhunk

lol you wish I was on a priest’s lap, I don’t follow man. I follow the holly ghost. “It’s not by might nore by strength it’s by my spririt says the lord of hosts”.

Don’t worry you will see for your self. a strong storm is coming a battle is coming. I am just hoping I can be ready in time for the battle a head.

agin it’s going to be paranormal or acts of god happening.

there is a huge differnce when man does stuff and when the holly ghost does things.

27. Galactic_Barret

I hate religious talk, but you do know that Jesus was Jewish, right BDH?

Hardcore zealouts are all fools. God wouldn’t discriminate, humans do it enough. I mean, why would the bible specifically say to not kill if there were going to be any sort of religious war?

In short, you’re insane.

28. blackdreamhunk

well butral lengend is satanic and I am offended.Don’t make religous games.

29. No_PUDding

Jesus, just when you thoguht crazy couldn’t get crazier.

It’s truly scary when the ultimate crazy dubs himself enlightened.

30. No_PUDding

Isn’t Santnic a sports channel or something?

;P

31. blackdreamhunk

buddy this is very very real.

history is full of it too.

here is a good link about reglion god and wars

32. DaMan

I’m pretty sure he’s just making fun of this site though.

33. pracer

BDH, do you know my mother inlaw by chance? Just wondering …

34. SticKboy

Oh heaven forbid people make stuff that might offend somebody, somewhere’s sensibilities! Perish the thought!

We must stop the production of all wares that might possibly offend someone!

35. Aimless

The big fight: Satin vs. The Holly Ghost.

We’re going to need a wiki to keep track of bdh lore soon.

36. blackdreamhunk

they have already started

37. steve1979

I’ve just read of all of this, i wish i had popcorn.

Brutal Legend = satanic? I personally can’t believe i’ve never seen it before. It all makes sence now.

38. No_PUDding

ARGH, I want to make a joke, but it’s just a waste of time.

39. MushroomStamp

Ok.. all I can say is WOW.. BDH is prime example of what abortion should remain legal. BDH you contribute NOTHING to this world except ignorance and fear mongering. I can’t believe people like you exist… wait.. yes I can. You have obviously been brainwashed by some crazy parents who probably used snake venom to cure disease. I can only weep for humanity and hope that people with your level of ignorance will kill each other off and better the gene pool

40. blackdreamhunk

what do you know of me? I’m not the one who plays on console am I. lol

things have aready started, yea people are starting to make god the bad guy here lol

even hollywood knows a storm is coming.lol

41. Psychotext

Holywood surely?

42. theevilaires

Uncharted 2 GOTY NO CONTEST

43. SticKboy

Bullshit. AC2 will the game of the year without question, rather than some second rate Tomb Raider clone with shite graphics and weak characterisation.

44. The Hindle

You know who i feel sorry for now that Uncharted 2 is out. Eidios lol, as they have been trying for years to make Lara revelent again, and in comes Naughty Dog who shows them up

45. theevilaires

exactly Hindle

Fuck you Stickbot

46. mescalineeyes

AC2 will the game of the year without question

the first time I saw that game running live, I could not believe it. SO beautiful.
    GOTY though? We’ll see :)

47. DaMan

I bet Hidle hasn’t played a TR game since 1999. anyway, last I checked Underworld sales were ~2.5 million. rather relevant I’d say.

and thank god Eidos haven’t turned TR into what Uc is. I’d rather play a masterpiece like Anniversary than a silly game that sells millions because PS3 guys have nothing else to play.

48. No_PUDding

DaMan… The precise problem was that TR Uncderworld bombed.

I bet it’s LTD sales are nowhere near that high, since it did 200,000 in its openign month (a holiday month).

49. DaMan

wait here, I’ll find a link xD.

50. DaMan

okay, here.

51. mescalineeyes

PS3 guys have nothing else to play

WTF GUYS IS IT 2007? ARE WE STILL PLAYING RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN?

52. DaMan

that was a metaphor, mescaline. and to be honest, that was what happened with the first Uc game.

53. The Hindle

DaMan such a fanboy first of all here is a list of what people who have a Ps3 can play.

littlebigplanet

Agent
    White Knight chronicles 1+2
    FF vs 13
    Modnation racers
    Resitance 3
    Syphon filter Ps3 more then likely to come out
    plus what ever else Sony do

and also i have played all the recent Tomb raider games and have found Uncharted to be better then Underworld and Legend, Anniversary is very good tho

54. theevilaires

great list Hindle :D

55. No_PUDding

DaMan, Yeah Tomb Raider Underworld sold that across the PS3/360/PS2/PC

That’s not actually impressive.

56. DaMan

@ Hindle my point is that personally I would hate it if TR turned into a game like Uc. out of the recent TRs I enjoyed Legend the least because it was too much of a shooter. my opinion is that TR doesn’t need that stuff.

@ Pudding it’s not *that* impressive, but for a game like Underworld ( a game that deserves a 8/10 altogether )it’s healthy.

57. Patrick Garratt

We’re going to be giving away four retail copies of Brutal Legend tomorrow. Two for 360 and two for PS3. All you’ll have to do to win is comment on the competition. I’ll give a copy away to whoever posts the 200th, 400th, 600th and 800th comment, alternating format.

In fact, shall I just post it now?

58. No_PUDding

SORRY, I also forgot the DS, Wii and N-Gage!

Dude… It’s shit.

59. No_PUDding

60. DaMan

Pudding, N-Gage sold like 5 copies. seriously, it’s a dead platform.

Wii version sales were very low. let alone PS2, which wasn’t even a complete port. it sold ~1 million on 360 and ~1 on PS3, that’s good enough.

61. Patrick Garratt

OK, I’ll do it now. Sec.

62. Psychotext

63. The Hindle

DaMan

From what i gathered when i was playing Underworld and legend is that the combat was crap. Anniversery was brillaint in that you only spent like 10 per cent shooting the rest was platforming, thats what Tr needs to do is stick to its strenghths.

Id say there is room for both Uncharted and TR on the market in my opinion anyway but i was just saying before Eidios will be slightly nervous at the reception Uc has got.

64. No_PUDding

DaMan, that would be good enoguh if it weren’t bullshit.

The platforms that costed the most to develop for return some of the least investment.

Per platform that is averaging about 350. And since the two HD platforms didn’t make it… Well The slack had to be made up somewhere else.

Perhaps the N-Gage.

65. DaMan

bullshit? check vgchartz.

it did ~1 on both consoles like I said, the rest were PC and DS/Wii/PS2 (which were very low).

66. freedoms_stain

“/puts bets on BDH being the 200th, 400th, 600th and 800th comments following an article about poor PC game sales due to piracy”

I shall take that bet sir, but my money shall be on him blaming it on “pircay”, and I shall win it.

67. Patrick Garratt