BioWare has two years of DLC planned for Dragon Age: Origins

Tuesday, 13th October 2009 19:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dragonage15

BioWare has revealed that there are two years worth of DLC planned for Dragon Age: Origins.

Revealed last week was day one content for the game, but that is just not enough in the developer’s eyes, and that’s good to hear.

“Yeah, we have plans that stretch out for basically two years,” executive producer Mark Darrah told The Game Reviews. “And it’s going to be everything from really small stuff like item packs up to larger quests that might last an hour or two up to even fully fledged expansion packs.

“Really it’s a broad long term support plan for the game.”

The DLC will land on all three formats.

Thanks, D’toid.

1. No_PUDding

But they’ll save us time by giving it to us in 2 packs?

2. freedoms_stain

I say balls to small DLC.

3. Suikoden Fan

i wonder if they mean shivering isles kind of dlc or something much smaller.

4. Uncontested

1 to 2 hours? Bah, I want Epic like ‘The Pitt’ DLC was for Fallout 3. Seriously The Pitt is what DLC should be.

5. DreamTwister

Two years of DLC? Come on people! Can’t anybody smell the BS on that statement? Doesn’t anybody remember how much they promised they were going to support “Mass Defect”? That latest DLC made Oblivion Horse Armor look totally worth it. Just sayin’.

DT

6. SaintRasmus

The next Dragon Age game will properly be out in 2011.

7. Phoenixblight

@5 Mass Effects DLC was not made by Bioware they had gave the DLC work to CD Projekt. WHere Dragon AGe actually has a DLC team, You can see the quality of the team in Wardens Keep. You can take it for what it is.

Mass Effect 2, Bioware are going to do the same thing that it will have its own team vs the whole outsourcing it to CD Projekt.

8. SticKboy

Yet another reason I shan’t be jumping on the Dragon Age party wagon – by and large, I’d rather play new experiences than extend familiar ones. With the promise of 2 years worth of DLC, the original package just wouldn’t feel like it’s full and finished as a standalone product.

9. Phoenixblight

Obviously you never played Bg1 and 2. Thinking Bioware is some crap company like Bathesda or Capcom.

I feel bad for you, wait no I don’t because I will be playing this game while you are screaming its unfinished.

10. SticKboy

I’m not screaming anything. To be frank, something like this wouldn’t sway my decision, but the trailers released for this game so far have done little to convince me of its supposed high quality. It all looks very stiff and the plot/premise hasn’t really hooked me at all.

Roll on ME2, that’s what I say. I was always a bigger fan of KotOR than BG anyway ;)

11. Phoenixblight

If the plot doesn’t hook then I guess I understand for me personally been needing a really expansive RPG with a really good plot with this game having 40 hours average just doing the main quest really just pulls me to it.

Not only that but I have read both books and the lore is very rich and expansive. If David Gaider were to ever stop writing for games he could easily do Fantasy books.

I am also waiting for ME 2, have a lot of hope for that game. Hopefully it does hold true to be a Dark setting like the Developers have claimed.

12. Jadeskye

taking criterion’s approach to DLC. i like it.

13. pracer

Words fail me, when it comes to this game. I can not wait to play it.