Facebook and Twitter go live on XBL Nov 17 in the UK

Saturday, 10th October 2009 22:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fbxbltwit

Microsoft has announced that its Facebook, Twitter, and Last.Fm update for Xbox Live will launch November 17 in the UK.

This was spotted on the UK Xbox website.

The public Beta is still slated for gold members during the middle of October.

No word on if the US is getting the services the same day or not, but we’ll send MS a mail so that come Monday, it’ll be waiting for them in their in-box.

1. Madlink

Golf members?! Now that’s an exclusive beta. My local club is notoriously difficult to get into….

2. Stephany Nunneley

/slap :-D

You know when stuff is red hot off the presses we post as fast as we can and edit after it’s up link!

3. Madlink

Oh snap! Now I look like a nutter…

4. Stephany Nunneley

We still luv ya! :-)

5. Johnny Cullen

And Last FM?

6. Stephany Nunneley

Yes Johnny, look at the first line! :p

The Beta coming this month includes all three, from every account we have heard – so unless something goes wrong, or MS does a slight of hand, Last.FM is expected to go live with the other two.

7. reask

I just dont get facebook.
    I mean I have been a member about 6 months and seldom if ever check to see what is happening on it.
    Just my take on it.

8. Roybott

Did I miss the news about an open beta for Gold members?

Also, do you realise it says ‘Facebok’ in the first line of the story… :)

9. freedoms_stain

reask, as far as I can tell Facebook is mostly for people who never go anywhere without taking 400 pictures to document it for the purpose of putting 400 pictures a day on Facebook.

10. BeastModeYMOB

Just another thing thats included in the bill. I’m happy my account is about up because my friends will not leave me alone with that.

11. Johnny Cullen

Dont bite my head off, Steph! I never seen it XD

Roy – It’d be in a similar vein to the beta held last time for stuff like Avatar Marketplace, GoD and stuff.

Press will be getting the beta very soon. When roughly I dont know, but it’ll be in the next week probably I think.

12. Jadeskye

i’m praying this has no affect on my day to day gaming. i don’t need 8000 notifications a day about how my friend is a friend with another friend now.

13. endgame

and how will ppl type text for these application? don’t tell me u’r going to use virtual keyboards. LOL! that was a good joke.

wait, wait, u r actually going to use virtual keyboards? for real? oh, omg. i’m speechless. only word comes to mind.. retarded.

14. Gekidami

You could get the 360 thumbpad thingy, and i’m pretty sure just sticking in a USB keyboard would work just fine.

15. SticKboy

“Facebok”?

16. Syrok

Maybe Steph comes from Sweden. :)

17. Stephany Nunneley

Actually I am from a town called Georgebok and we eat steakbok and viteenbok for dinner every Saturday. I was just excited for it subconsciously apparently. :P

My fingers just don’t work as fast as my brain sometimes. /fixed