SCEE: Eight Days and The Getaway 3 only “put aside”

Monday, 5th October 2009 13:48 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Getaway 3

SCEE Studio London producer Nicolas Doucet has revealed in an interview with Gamekult that The Getaway 3 and Eight Days weren’t canned, but were in fact “put aside”.

The assumption was that both games were swept under the rug for EyePet and were subsequently canned. However, that now doesn’t seem to be the case.

“I would not say they were abandoned, just put aside. Much work had been done. The studio just wanted to focus on its strengths, EyeToy and SingStar. Given the potential of EyePet, priorities have been changed, but it is not a “death” of other projects. Ultimately, this decision has benefited everyone.”

Doucet also revealed that they were both in the halfway stage of development.

More through the link.

1. Razor

Their first party line up looks bare for E3, and then ED and TG3 are suddenly not canned.

Go figure…

2. No_PUDding

HUH?

E3? Thats was like 2 months ago.

Do you mean, you don’t know what Sony will show at E3 2010?

I have several ideas of what they’ll show.

3. Gekidami

You guys are pretty late on this…

4. Razor

What have they got in terms of first party for E3 in 2010 PUD?

There won’t be another Uncharted 2 to wow the crowd; GT5, God Of War 3, MAG and Heavy Rain will all be out by then.

Aside from an conceivable Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 reveal, it looks bare so far.

5. Talyis

@RAZOR Seriously dude no first party games?
    E3 09-God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Eye Pet, The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, M.A.G. and more!

6. rrod360lol

“GT5, God Of War 3, MAG and Heavy Rain will all be out by then”

You’re a very optimistic young chap aren’t you :)

7. Razor

@rrod

Even if they’re not, Sony can’t exactly showcase them again can they? We’ve had blowouts of GOW3, MAG and Heavy Rain, so what would be the point of showing them again?

Although I think Agent will be the big part of Sony’s E3 next year. Maybe a GTA V reveal as well.

8. No_PUDding

Razor, it’s always ridiculous to assume any company will come to E3 without a good looking lineup. I just think Sony is pulling a Microsoft, by not having things announced years ahead, and Microsoft is pulling a Sony, with Natal, Reach, Crackdown 2 and Fable 3 already being announced.

So depending on your persuasion; don’t worry or sorry to disappoint you.

9. No_PUDding

EDIT: Lists? UGH

10. Razor

“I just think Sony is pulling a Microsoft, by not having things announced years ahead”

I’d like to believe, but with the way Sony have been leaking, you have to say it’s unlikely :)

11. Talyis

Well Sony could be cracking down now on leaked info! BTW my list will have some truth on games coming at E3 next year and I also forgot about the new Syphon Filter that also has a good chance to see the light of day next year!

12. No_PUDding

The way Sony have been leaking hardware.. Yes.

But hardware development has many different channels with which to leak. Retailers, R&D, component manufacturers.

Software development is far more discreet. Not that, if I HAD to, I couldn’t produce a list of developers that are 1st/2nd party to Sony, with unannounced projects – so not too discreet.

13. No_PUDding

Talyis, just…. Shutup.

It’s one thing that I dislike lists, but lists that are factually bullshit, are even worse.

14. Johnny Cullen

My guesses for E3 2010:

+ New Jak & Daxter
    + Agent
    + Twisted Metal
    + Starhawk
    + Square Enix showcase (a la like at the MS conference at E3 08. Versus XIII, Agito XIII and XIV if not out by then with a massive megaton at the end)
    + Killzone 3 (possibly)

Resistance 3 will be revealed long before E3 2010.

15. No_PUDding

Bullshit being called on Jak and Daxter, Agent, Killzone 3 and Square Enix presence.

Resistance 3 will be announced at GDC 10 probably. And probabaly a new Motorstorm.

SEEEEE: LISTS ARE OPINION AND ARE ALWAYS WRONG.

16. Razor

Isn’t it conceivable that Final Fantasy 15 could be announced? Read: just announced, not shown.

FF13 was announced at E3 in 06 before FF12 was even released in the US. Given FF14 is online, it’s possible FF15 could be confirmed at E3 2010, six months after the Japanese launch.

17. Talyis

What the hell is your problem PUDDING wtf my list was an example on what Sony could possibly announce and in my opinion I think its quite possible for most of those games to be announced I was replying to RAZOR because of his stupid remark on Sony having no first party games for the next E3 so you SHUT UP ya douche! And yes I’m calling it Agent will be at E3 10 or why would they Show it at this E3 if it won’t be ready for a trailer at next E3! Get off your high horse and chill out!

18. Johnny Cullen

Razor – I had that thought last week.

And that it was exclusive to the Xbox 360. Just for the LOLZ.

19. No_PUDding

My high horse is extremely comfortable, and you should know half of those are way too early for E3 next year, or from baseless rumorus you’ve heard.

“E3 10 my guess-Eight Days, The Getaway 3, Twisted Metal, Hardware 2, Legend of Dragoon 2, Wild Arms 6, Resistance 3, Jak and Daxter 4, Sly Cooper 4, Starhawk or some other games I think all these games will be announced next year at some point!”

Eight Days: Shelved indefintely
    Getaway: Shelved indefintely
    Twisted Metal: Eat Sleep Play might be makign it
    Hardware 2: Never
    Legend of Dragoon 2: Never
    Wild Arms 6: Never
    Resistance 3: Probably Insomniacs game
    J&D4: This won’t be anywhere in 2010, if it happens.
    Sly Cooper 4: Certainly not for years, if it happens.
    Starhawk: Probabaly

20. Razor

If FF15 was announced at MS’ conference rather than Sony’s, that would be pretty huge.

21. The Hindle

Doubt resistance 3 will be next year, Insomniac said dont expect resitance and ratchet titles to alternate every year in a recent podcast. Personally i reckon the new studio that Insomniac opened will show something soon

22. Blerk

Wild Arms 6 was actually announced and then quickly moved to “pretend we didn’t announce it” at TGS, apparently. I guess it was accidentally revealed ahead of time and should only have been shown ‘behind closed doors’.

23. The Hindle

I think there will be another Uncharted game next year as well, hope there aint tho dont want Ip fatigue

24. Blerk

Uncharted PSP next year, no doubt. PS3 will get the year off.

25. The Hindle

yea sounds about right, anyone else think Gow 3 is gonna get delayed they have been showing the same level since March

26. Talyis

Yeah I was gonna say that to PUDDING about Wild Arms 6 was at TGS this year behind doors! And as for
    The Getaway: (why not they already showed a trailer of it and now are giving hints that it was never canceled just held off)
    Eight Days: (Same thing with the getaway)
    Hardware 2: (I’m pretty sure that was shown behind closed doors at GDC this year)
    Twisted Metal: (I’m almost positive it will be showen or announced Jaffe already said he was announcing a game soon)
    Legend of Dragoon 2: ( Under the name Angel Rings)
    Resistance 3: (Probably not unless Insomniac needs to release a game next year to earn money)
    J&D 4: ( I’m betting an announcment atleast)
    Sly Cooper 4: (I think for sure on this one)
    Starhawk: (Again for sure)
    Syphon Filter: (I hope so)
    Agent: (definitely)

27. TastyAcidMilkk

ms next year looks mighty *bare* aswell

28. No_PUDding

No hardware creator will be bare… Not even Nintendo.

Wild Arms 6 was announced and then hidden according to a no-name blog… Are we reserving all skepticism for some sort of uber-rumour that is expected to come out, or just the WiiHD?

The Getaway & Eight Days, again a FRENCH no-name blog, says it’s alive and we believe it, after it been officially canned, and only apparently revived?

Hardware 2, Playstation Lifestyle started this rumour. This defintely deserves skepticism, that site is a shithole of the lowest form.

Legend of Dragoon 2, is ridiculously unlikely, and Angel rings is not even a thing. Who’s could possibly be developing it?

J&D 4 is not going to happen until 2011, IF it happens.

Sly Cooper 4, again, 2011 or later, becuase Sucker Punch Take longer, and I expect inFamous 2.

Starhawk, I expect so.

Twisted Metal, I expect so

Reistance 3, I expect so

Syphon Filter, probably not becuase PSP Uncharted won’t make itself, and Bend will be the developers.

Agent, probably.

29. Gekidami

The guy also says that the studio is already working on a new project, that’ll probably be at next years E3 to…

30. The Hindle

I reckon Ready at dawn will make Uncharted psp as a Sony rep said talks were ongoing about RAD making more psp games. Syphon Filter ps3 most likely on as there were a leak about it and Socom 4 a while back

31. No_PUDding

I onyl say Bend, beuase Syphon Filter, Resistance Retirbution… Both bare more similarities to Uncharted than anythign RAD has worked on.