Confirmed – Epic Mickey formally revealed, in next GI

Monday, 5th October 2009 17:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Epic Mickey

The rumours are true – Epic Mickey exists. Game Informer just took the wraps of it’s next issue: the game’s on the cover.

It’s also confirmed it is a Wii exclusive.

And Disney’s just sent out invites to a press event happening in London on October 28 for the “announcement of an iconic new game”, which has a massive droop of ink sliding down. More at IGN.

It’s official: we’re fucking pumped now for this. Go nuts.

1. DUFFKING

I have to wonder how well the Wii could do justice to some of that concept art though :(

2. satsugai

I was like aww sweet untill it said only confirmed as a Wii exclusive. :(
    Epic Mickey was looking epic indeed from all the concept art awhile back.

3. SplatteredHouse

Blast! :( Wii exclusive, huh?
    /adds to disregard list.

4. Johnny Cullen

I’ll admit I am not the biggest Wii fan in the world, but for me, that is a day one surely.

5. SplatteredHouse

Had a Wii, and there’s no way I’m getting another. My first enjoyed about as much use as a rubber dartboard.

6. Freek

I woulden’t write this off yet. The Wii can actually do some nice visuals, if the developer gets a decent budget of time and money. The cartoon art style also lends itself well to the hardware limitations.

7. Blerk

Awesome artwork at the top, there! And then…. Wii exclusive? Nooooooooooooo! :-(

I do have a Wii so there’s nothing to stop me playing it, but…

8. Scyrenn

Something about that title just makes me smile… :)

9. Phoenixblight

Well when I do get another Wii I must likely will pick this up if it looks and plays well. One thing I did like about the Wii was all the retro gaming.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Oh come on…..Wii exclusive? Why? I belive more than just Wii demographics would support a new quality Mickey Mouse title. (did i really just say that)

11. Michael O'Connor

Really, if you sold your Wii just because you weren’t willing to have the patience to wait between titles, its really your own fault.

Can’t wait to play this. =)

12. Phoenixblight

I sold my Wii because I had lost my job and was all out of cash so I sold my Wii for damn near 400$ because of Nintendo being slow in manafacturing. Now that I have a stable job and going back to school. I can go and repay it especially for the price they have it now. I originally didn’t want to sell it but I had to pay months rent.

13. No_PUDding

Balls.

Warren Spector has never proven himself to be at all in tune with new or interestign interfaces or control schemes. All I can think about is the clunky Deus Ex and Thief interfaces. This is destined to fucking die on that platform, and be mediocre in visual execution, and probabaly have varying innovative, and yet unrefined involvement of the Wii’s interface.

Woo. Fucking Not. FUUUUCCK

14. Gekidami

/Sad trombon.

15. pracer

Crap. Thats the extent of it. This game is going to look like a PS2 game but will have really bad controls. So I say again Crap. I would have loved this type of thing as a LIVE/PSN game. Could have even sold it for 30 or 40bucks. I think its gonna flop. And yes sir, you can quote me on that one. It will have a decent first 6weeks, nothing huge, but decent. And then will die. Its gonna get lost in the shuffle.

16. No_PUDding

It’s clearly goign to be a painting game… Ala Okami, but that just… UGH. What a waste of those beautiful charcters and environments.

17. Gekidami

Could have been worst; it could have been a DS game. :D

18. No_PUDding

Atleast there’d be great 2D art then.

Thats not true… Yeah you’re right Geki xD

19. Freek

Epic Mickey doesn’t sound like the codename for a “painting game” , I’d expect a third person Zelda inspired adventure.

20. Mafro