Capcom’s first Deal of the Week is Okami for $9.99

Friday, 2nd October 2009 20:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

okami01

Starting today, Capcom’s rolling out its Deal Of The Week feature on the Capcom Store.

Each deal runs for a week, or until the item is sold out, and each Friday more goodies will be added.

The first Deal of the Week is Okami for the PS2 for $9.99, which is half-off the retail price of $19.99.

Go see for yourself.

1. Komond_Deckard

It’s a big shit free-zone games are a new generation thing. It wouldn’t work on my ps2, and buying it used in Europe would cost nearly as new.

2. theevilaires

might get this since I’ve never played it. Who here has played it and recommends it?

3. ecu

It’s one of my favourite games of all time, I couldn’t recommend it more. However, this deal has cropped up before, and IIRC, you have to be living in North America to be able to buy from Capcom’s US store. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t let me do it.

Edit: I just tried ordering it myself. Seems you CAN order from them, but the only shipping option available is UPS Express, which is … $47.55, which puts the total product price at $57.54. I think I’ll pass.

4. ecu

Argh, another point to note, is that even if you live in the US, the only shipping options are UPS, which is about $9, which puts the total price up at the retail price anyway. Silly Capcom.

5. freedoms_stain

I have it, I loved it. Only problem is that it’s a bit easy and has the annoyingly Japanese feature of making you face the same boss fights multiple times. Other than that, massively fun.

Oh and the chattering noise in place of speech gets a bit grating.