Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta signups back on

Wednesday, 30th September 2009 21:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

theoldrepublica

Looks like after breaking the site with so many people signing up for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta, the official site is back up and ready for you to beg and plead to be let in on all the fun.

Describing the interest in the testing as “overwhelming” after “a humbling 24 hours,” BioWare has addressed the difficulties many had when registering, beefed up the backend, and reopened the site.

Therefore, get to it before we all break it again.

Thanks, Blue.

1. Jadeskye

I think its broken again, i just tried to register but it keeps looping.

2. Gekidami

Its been doing that ever since it went up, just keep trying and trying and you’ll get through it took me hours to finally get the e-mail verifcation mail. And finally be able to log in.

3. Jadeskye

ugh screw that i’ll come back tommorow. Their servers must be taking a beating.

4. Phoenixblight

I am personally going to wait. I am done with Beta testing. Rather just wait til its finalized because even the first month of release will feel like beta…

5. Hunam

Just worked for me. Was looping earlier. Must have just got lucky.

6. Jadeskye

@ Phoenix, it’s an mmo, if it’s anything like WoW it’ll never feel finished :p might as well get in on the groundfloor.

7. Phoenixblight

I know right but I been through WOW, Champions, Warhammer, AOC. AoC left a really horrible taste in my mouth even the first 6 months felt like closed beta. Also I don’t want to be commited to a class and then two months after release that class is an entirely different thing. Plus the looping for a hour really pissed me off.

8. Jadeskye

I know what you mean mate. I Played world of warcraft as a hardcore raider for a little over 2 years. I’m not itching to break into a new one but this does intrigue me.

9. Phoenixblight

It does intrigue me. I want to see all this “story” they implemented into the game.

10. jkoz

Looping? As in, after you get your system analyzed it starts back over? It happened to me too if that’s it. If it’s doing this, am I not being entered into the system?

11. Phoenixblight

No you are not entered til you get a confirmation email. SO you start the process over again.