Resident Evil: Afterlife confirmed for fall 2010 theatrical release

Wednesday, 30th September 2009 14:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

removie

Screen Gems and Constantin Film officially announced today the start of production on Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Being filmed in Toronto, Canada, Milla Jovovich returns as Alice with Ali Larter and Spencer Locke returning as Claire Redfield and K-Mart, respectively. Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) will play Chris Redfield and Shawn Roberts will take over the role of Wesker.

Boris Kodjoe and Kim Coates have also been cast.

Due to hit theaters during all 2010, Paul W.S. Anderson is once again directing with a script he wrote all by himself, and will shoot the flick in 3D.

“Alice’s battle with The Umbrella Corporation isn’t finished,” said Anderson. “Last time we saw Alice, she let them know she was coming after them. It’s time to settle the score.”

Go get ‘em Alice.

Via ShockTillYouDrop.

1. Jadeskye

Ugh this will suck but i’ll watch it anyway. I’m such a muppet.

2. Gekidami

You are, you’re funding sequels to these these terrible movies you know…

3. Jadeskye

I don’t remember saying i would part with any money to see it :p

4. DaMan

I wish they would stop making this movies.

5. jeremycafe

3D? Are you f-ing serious. WHY?! I am so sick of these 3D movies lately. It’s not cool, get over it film makers >_<

6. freedoms_stain

They should bring back Jill Valentine, the actress who played her was hot.

7. DarkElfa

Resident Evil: Afterlife confirmed for fail 2010 theatrical release

*Fixed

8. Dralen

Wentworth Miller is also rumoured to play Jack in the Bioshock movie :O.

9. satsugai

It’ll suck but I’d do anything for Milla, so I’ll watch it. :3

10. Scyrenn

Yay for Milla idd… ^^

11. theevilaires

NO NO NO!!!!!! I just watched all 3 for the first time last month and they really suck. RE fans must really be pissesd. It’s funny that people who know nothing about the games love the movies though :P

12. Phoenixblight

I like them infact I own all of them I am also a RE fan, I just don’t accept the movies as part of the actual RE lore.
    Milla is hot!!

Also look at the direction of the new RE 5, they obviously want to follow the movie direction, lots of action, no real plot.

13. satsugai

I admit I really liked the first one, second was bad though and the third was watchable.

*Abit of a spoiler sorry*
    Wonder what RE: Afterlife will be like considering the ending of the third with all the Milla’s ready to kick butt.

14. cachucha

last movie was horrendous, glad i turned off the dvd on time

15. Gekidami

Gah, you just brought back memories that godawful ending Satsugai, damn you!

Seriously, clones? wtf?