Witcher 2 coming to consoles, says CD Projekt

Wednesday, 23rd September 2009 12:14 GMT By Patrick Garratt

witcher

CD Projekt’s said a console version of The Witcher 2′s on the cards.

“Although PC is a certain choice we made regarding platforms for The Witcher 2, we also want to release the console version,” senior producer Tomasz Gop told GRY-OnLine.

Don’t be holding your breath, though.

“However, please do not expect the game too soon,” he added.

“The Witcher 2 is still deeply in the development stage and as it is huge and complex, there are still many, many hours of work in front of us.”

Witcher 2 was shown for the first time last week in a leaked video. It looks properly awesome. Let’s hope there it’s a repeat of the fiasco we saw played out of the console version of the original RPG.

Via VE and EG.

1. Phoenixblight

Fucking right. Where’s BDH

2. TastyAcidMilkk

wasent the first game comming out for consoles this year? was a shame

3. Phoenixblight

They had an issue with the company they gave it to make it console ready. But if Projekt is looking for a publisher their should be no reason why it hits consoles once they do achieve one. What publisher would said no to them? 1.4 million sales on the PC alone.

4. Blerk

I was looking forward to the console version of the original. :-(

Nice to know the sequel should happen, though. Eventually.

5. blackdreamhunk

I’m here I am watching every thing that is going on. yes they were making a console verion but had problems with high production costs mainly HD.

They were making a console version and pc version of the game. However if they are looking for a publisher it means they must have had a falling out with attrri or arrti was close to going bankuprt. Personaly I think arrti wasn’t doing well before champions online.

there was something going on between arrti and sony too.

any way back to the point, they were making a console and pc verion of the game.

6. Blerk

How could “HD costs” have ever been the downfall of the project given that the PC original was HD already?

The two companies fell out over delays and money. Simple as.

7. pracer

Yea I wanted a console version too. Hope it still happens a sequel is great but I wanna play the first one first.

8. blackdreamhunk

not the down fall of the pc verion but the down fall of the console verion. Pc games are cheaper to make than console games. In fact pc gaming is becoming so profitable game devs no longer need a publisher.

basicly Cd projeck needs a publisher to help them make a console verion.

9. pracer

@Blerk
    Didn’t I read something over late payments? Seems like I did, if so, your right about money.

10. Blerk

So they already had perfectly good HD assets from the PC version, yet the console version failed because “HD is expensive”? Riiiiight.

11. Blerk

Pracer, the nub of it seemed to be that the company doing the port missed some deadlines and CD Projekt were otherwise unhappy about the state of their work so they withheld some payments. And unable to resolve those disagreements they instead decided to sack the whole thing off and go their separate ways.

12. blackdreamhunk

blerk if you want to look it your self you should.

you should know me by now, I always bring hard facts and truth.it’s why I win debates. Pc gamers are always watching what is going on the internet is our home lol

13. pracer

Yup, that sounds right.

14. Blerk

I think BDH posts from a parallel universe or something.

15. No_PUDding

“I ALWAYS BRING DEM HAAAAARD FACTS, AND DA TROOF! RAICHUS!”

16. blackdreamhunk

some people can’t handle truth, but I am not a people pleaser it’s why I’m always hot in debates. I shack up fourms and websites.

17. Phoenixblight

Here is the Hard facts BDH. Nothing about HD

18. Gadzooks!

“you should know me by now, I always bring hard facts and truth.it’s why I win debates.”

Funniest thing I’ve read this millenium!

You dont win debates, you sulk off after everyone else calls you a loon. How you interpret that in your head is another matter entirely! :p

19. No_PUDding

“SOME PEOPLE… DEY.. DEY CAN’T HANDLE DA TROOF!!! BUT SUCKER, I AINT NO PEOPLE PLEASER!”

20. SticKboy

You say you win debates, yet you’ve still completely failed to explain how RedLynx sold more copies of Trials on XBLA than on PC. Plus, they sold more over a shorter period of time and at a higher price point.

21. blackdreamhunk

it’s good when they have antother link leading to the sorce of the website

wide screen is dealing with HD lol

agin it only proves high production costs kills game devs.

pc gaming is cheaper to make. nice link I will add it to my deabtes and proof game devs go bankurpt because of consoles.

22. Blerk

23. Len

Lol…quote of the year…? Maybe even 2 quotes of the year…?

I agree with you Blerk.

24. Blerk

Why do you think the PC isn’t HD?

25. blackdreamhunk

by the way I have help game devs and shot down game devs too.

sorry I had read some where it’s HD problems. Any way the point is they can not make a console verion because of production costs of consoles.

26. Phoenixblight

“wide screen is dealing with HD lol”

Wow I mean WOW. You have to be the dumbest guy I have ever read.

Widescreen is the fucking company that was handling the port jackass.

27. Blerk

It’s astonishing that you can link to an article and yet somehow completely fail to read the actual words within it.

28. blackdreamhunk

you people are nick picking over little mishaps. the agin the point is prodcution costs on consoles are big! Pc gaming is cheaper to make.

or really blerk I am not even trying with you. You if I was really try i bet you would be lost for words.

29. No_PUDding

Blerk: I had no idea that the way to ‘win’ debates was to completely ignore everything that everyone else says, “lalalaI’mnotlistening” stylee!

BDH: I try to answer everyone question but become imposble to answer everyone questions on the internet.

By the way the murder of game developers is not condoned on this site as far as I know.

30. JonFE

[e v e r y o n e]-We want the truth!
    [blackdreamhunk]-YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

:-D

31. Blerk

I’m pretty much lost for words already!

32. blackdreamhunk

yea it’s funny the other side never have facts to prove them self too. My words have come to pass weither people like it or not. When I am donw I just lough lol, I think to my self I told you so.

people always come back to me and say dreamhunk you were right. lol

I wonder what people edge say to them self when they see console gaming on a decline lol.

I think I help make pacter famus lol

33. Blerk

The other side do have facts. Better facts than yours, indeed, as they are usually ‘facts’ as opposed to ‘what I think inside my head’. You just never bother to read them.

34. blackdreamhunk

blerk tell me something, I have asked this question meny times.

what does wolftesin, fear2,UT3 have in common?

35. Whizzo

Your keyboard is broken.

36. SticKboy

They’re all multi-platform FPS games?

EDIT: Whizzo’s was funnier. Wish I hadn’t bothered now.

37. Psychotext

His brain will not allow conflicting information to be processed.

38. blackdreamhunk

here is another question what do you think happen to the japanese market?

why are they not up there with the west?

It’s like this you people can’t answer me basic questions, so what makes you think you can handle a big debate with me.

39. Syrok

Because they cater for the Japanese market?

40. blackdreamhunk

please I am way tooo big for you people to handle. I’m done at this point your wasting my time.

41. JonFE

blackdreamhunk:

You constantly mention Crysis and Warhead as prime examples of PC gaming.

It’s almost like Crysis 2 was not even announced…

/hint: check out the “Coming soon” section of that page :)

42. Blerk

Did we break him?

43. SticKboy

I fucking well hope so.

He makes me glad to be a Mac user – THE BEST PLATFORM FOR PLAYING BLIZZARD’S GAMES!

44. Gekidami

“what does wolftesin, fear2,UT3 have in common?”

They’re all on PC and still sold better on console?

45. phatb0y

Has someone told the Gamefaqs boards one of their tards has gone AWOL yet?

46. SticKboy

BDH – when you said “Pc games are cheaper to make than console games. In fact pc gaming is becoming so profitable game devs no longer need a publisher”, are you sure you weren’t actually talking about the iPhone?

This just in: the iPhone is killing console gaming!

47. G1GAHURTZ

Dear bdh,

Will I have to buy a new $400 DirectX 11 upgrade for my 360 so that I can get better depth of field effects for Crysis 2?

Thanks

G1GAHURTZ.

48. Filofax

I normally come here to get gaming news, but the comedy stylings of blackdreamhunk just top everything off nicely.

49. freedoms_stain

I fucking knew why this topic was so big before I even clicked it.

Some of you guys need to take heed of the “don’t feed the troll” philosophy.

50. JonFE

Some of you guys need to take heed of the “don’t feed the troll” philosophy.

Where’s the fun in *that*?

:-D