Acti pushes Blur into 2010

Monday, 21st September 2009 13:27 GMT By Patrick Garratt

blur2

Activision’s delayed Bizarre’s Blur, pushing the shoot-and-racer into 2010.

“We are committed to making Blur a great new racing franchise, and we are very encouraged by the game’s design,” stated Mike Griffith, president and CEO of Activision Publishing.

“The additional time will allow the studio to fully optimise the vision they set out to create for Blur including a distinctive and groundbreaking multiplayer mode that will appeal to a broad audience.”

Mega-shock. Expect more on this soon. PR here.

1. Robo_1

FFS, another title I was looking forward to slips to 2010… ;(

2. Psychotext

This has looked terrible in all the vids / previews I’ve seen. Hopefully this will give them time to sort it out.

3. rrod360lol

The problem they’ve now got is it’s been pushed out into the same quarter as Split second, which is it’s most obvious competition…

4. Patrick Garratt

*cough*autumn2010*cough*

5. Blerk

Perhaps they finally realised that nobody gave a shit about it? Other than Robo_1. :-D

6. Captain Fruitloop

Oh dear. This doesn’t bode well.

7. No_PUDding

I don’t know what I’d do if I were at Bizarre.

No one is interested, and somehow they’ve come up with the least interesting racing concept ever, mainly becuase it’s a new IP, that is based on VERY old concepts.

Just wish that maybe they’d done something radically different. Something I could be interested in.

8. SticKboy

NOBODY CARES. It’s all about Split/Second, anyway.

9. Robo_1

I agree the general feeling surrounding the title was one of meh, but I thought it looked fun.

I suppose they’re looking at why that meh feeling is there, and they’re probably going to come back with everything turned up to 11. A lot more Split Second style wow moments will probably be built into the tracks.

Still though, 2009. If it wasn’t for Uncharted 2 it would probably rank as one of the worst Q4′s on record.

10. lk

Robo_1: Left 4 Dead 2 and ODST would like to have a word with you.

as for Blur, I played it, lots. I think it’s fantastic.

11. Harry

The game does look very meh. They’ve tried to create a game that will appeal to none-racing game fans, but in doing so they’re making a game that racing fans probably won’t like. And it’ll be still too much of a racing game for those who aren’t into the genre.

12. SticKboy

Only Uncharted 2? How can you have completely forgotten about Assassin’s Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2?

13. OrphanageExplosion

Played the demo at gamescom – the feeling was that it was slick and polished but…

a. I didn’t have a bloody clue what was going on most of the time, and
    b. It was completely forgettable in terms of level design

Disappointing, but hopefully the final game will deliver.