Fat Princess on PSP has 50% more content than PSN version

Friday, 18th September 2009 22:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fistfulofcake

Sony told attendees at it’s PSP holiday showcase that Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake will feature 50 percent more content than its PSN counterpart, an expanded single-player, and a new map .

It will also contain a variety of modes not found on the original, one of which has the hat generators being busted at the beginning of a match, and you have to make repairs with the resources available before putting them to use.

Another mode revealed has players delivering a bomb to their opponents’ castle rather than removing it.

Neato. Still no exact date though, but it’s expected sometime between October and December.

More through Joystiq.

1. DarkElfa

I’ve never played the game but I can’t help wonder how in a day and age of political correctness this was actually allow to be released and become successful without causing overweight people across the globe to beach themselves out in front of video game retailers in protest.

2. Gamoc

Mostly just feminists that complained.

Besides, it’s all semantics. The Princess only gets fat if you feed her cake, so technically she doesn’t have to be fat at all. In fact, you could call it Choose-Your-Own-Weight Princess.

Also, the Princess is incredibly adorable.

3. Robo_1

Did anyone else read that as:

“Don’t buy the PSN version, hold off for this bigger, better and more complete PSP version”.

I was on the fence about buying it this weekend actually, but I think I’ll hold off and see how the PSP version pans out. Given the short time Fat Princess has been available, this PSP reveal seems disingenuous at best!

4. Gekidami

The PSP version may have more content but its online will probably be alot less interesting.

5. SunKing

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t even go near online with my PSP. So, to me, this only comes across as a completely pointless waste of time, and if I were a PS3 owner, I’d be a bit cheesed off with them doing this.