Fallout 3 PS3 DLC and cross-platform GOTY edition dated

Thursday, 17th September 2009 15:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fallout332

Bethesda’s just confirmed that Broken Steel will release for the PS3 version of Fallout 3 on September 24.

Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt will follow on on October 1. Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta hit on October 8.

Fallout 3′s Game of the Year edition, featuring the game and all five content packs, will release on October 16 for PC, 360 and PS3.

The full banana’ll cost you £39.99/€59.99 on 360 and PS3, and a mere £29.99/€49.99 on PC.

PR after the break.

PlayStation 3 Downloadable Content

Today we released an update for the PS3 version of Fallout 3 that addresses a number of issues, includes some optimizations, and adds trophy support for the DLC. The first DLC for PS3, “Broken Steel”, will be available next Thursday, September 24th. That will be followed by the release of “Operation: Anchorage” and “The Pitt” on October 1st, and “Point Lookout” and “Mothership Zeta” on October 8th.

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

We are also pleased to announce that Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Games For Windows) will be available at retail on Friday, October 16th. The Game of the Year edition includes the critically-acclaimed game as well as all five downloadable content packs. The discs will include the title updates you will need to play the DLC. (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will retail at £39.99 / €59.99 and the Games for Windows version will be available for £29.99 / €49.99.)

1. Blerk

Might have me a GOTY version once it gets to sub-£20.

2. Patrick Garratt

One day I’ll have enough time to play this game.

3. Blerk

It’s not nearly as long as Oblivion. :-D

You can get through the main story quite quickly, actually. But you probably wouldn’t get the most out of it unless you really put some time into getting involved in the world.

4. Gamoc

I’d say I prefered Fallout 3 to Oblivion, but they’re both great.

And I agree with Blerk, I’m gonna get the GOTY edition when it gets cheap.

5. Blerk

I definitely preferred Fallout 3. I think that’s mainly because I’m more of a sci-fi geek than a D&D fanboy though.

6. reask

42 hours so far and only 6 quests done. :)
    @Pat
    You really should try it.
    Great game but I keep wandering off and getting into other stuff for days it seems.
    Cost me 34 Euro second hand 3 weeks ago.
    I should have waited a few weeks, still never mind it is worth it.

7. slayernl

PAT has NO time to play games he must write about them and them write about them some more.

8. reask

Nah he has Johnny and Steph doing all the work now. Lazy sod. ;)