Capcom’s Takeuchi says Sony motion control could create Wii to PS3 ports

Thursday, 17th September 2009 17:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Takeuchi

Capcom’s Jun Takeuchi has weighed in on the upcoming motion control devices for both Sony and Microsoft, and while he says that the firm is “very receptive to Natal” and looking forward to coming up with games for it, Sony’s motion control is giving developers other ideas.

“I can tell you that we have a lot of good ideas on how to make use of that technology and we’re looking forward to putting them into practice,” Takeuchi told 1UP.

“However, speaking to other developers in Japan, I’ve heard a few of them say they were delighted by the Sony motion controller because they can just port over their Wii titles to the PS3.”

More through the link.

1. Dannybuoy

If then can bump the resolution and charge a few pounds for each game on PSN then it could be a winner. An App Store with waggle games if you will

2. pleasant_cabbage

Dear god no.
    Please no.

x2 combo uppercut

3. Michael O'Connor

You know, this is actually a good thing.

There’s some fairly decent games on the Wii, titles that could also be pretty cool on the more powerful consoles.

Madworld or No Mores Heroes in HD? Yes please!

4. DarkElfa

Super dear god no…

Jun should get super Herpes for even considering the possibility of imagining the idea of porting Wii games to the PS3.

5. Michael O'Connor

Because porting creative games from the Wii (and yes, they do exist) is such a bad idea, amirite?

6. DarkElfa

You are right.

7. Michael O'Connor

Heck, even the *thought* of Lost Winds on a HD console would make me want to buy one of these, and this is from someone who has little interest in the PS3 motion controller.

My Wii still gets regularly booted up.

8. pracer

I can see this being a big hype monster, but I don’t think it will end up being much fun. I mean alot of Wii games are already PS2/gamecube ports(interms of source code) then they put that Wii-tastic Waggle on ‘em. I don’t know it just doesn’t apeal to me. Now if Nintendo realeased a Wii 1.5 with 720p(lest) graphics, faster loads, an actual harddrive, a more robust online interface with/out friend codes, and and … bagh who am I kidding. All I use my Wii for 420P PSO, and a handfull of VC games.