Activision has no plans for Modern Warfare 2 bundles on PS3

Thursday, 17th September 2009 22:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modernwarfare21

Activision has told VG247 that there are no plans for a Modern Warfare 2 bundle on PS3.

When asked if there were any bundles including Infinity Ward’s shooter in the future, an Activision representative told us: “No, there are no plans, but thank you for asking”.

Curiosity got the best of us when MCV asked SCEE if it had any plans for such a bundle and were told: “We’ve not made any announcements about bundle packs, but will let you know should that change.”

Guess this means that if you want MW2 bundled with a console, Xbox 360 is your only option.

1. Razor

“MS told us not to…and we agreed”

2. Syrok

Where can I buy these Xbox 30 you are talking about?

=)

3. Stephany Nunneley

@ Syrok – This guy I know named Zeke down on 3rd street makes them out of his garage. They are rather cheap too. Only wants $65 for them and he said he would bundle them with his own wireless device made from aluminum foil and coat hangers for free! Want me to put an order in for ya? :-D :-D

Thanks for the heads up on that BTW :-) it’s now fixed.

4. Syrok

Yes, please. I’m intrigued whether it will last longer than a €600 console. :D

5. Dannybuoy

What evvez loozers. Ps3 don’t need your junky wearz to sell the hardware innit. 360 needz incentivz to buy the cronsole

6. Cort

Haha told you.

7. bytemap

I don’t get it? It’s a great game, but to buy a whole console again for it doesn’t make sense to me. Guess I’m not that super hardcore like the rest of the people and have extra cash lying around.

Funny though if figures look right, the first Modern Warfare was a simultaneous release and yet sold a bit less on the PS3, even with it’s free to play option. That’s a bit interesting to say the least. Then again, the PS3 was pricier then, well who knows what will happen LOL

8. Gekidami

Money changed hands me thinks.

9. draknahr

There was far less ps3s sold than 360s at the time of modern warfare’s release.

10. codnation