Pink Floyd would “consider” a music game based on the band

Wednesday, 16th September 2009 18:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

pinkfloyd

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason has told the BBC that the band would possibly consider a music game centered around the band, especially seeing as how the Beatles did it.

“I think we’d consider it,” he said. “Everyone’s looking at new ways of selling the music because the business of selling records has almost disappeared.”

The source article for this a bit old, what with Bill Wyman moaning about plastic instruments and such, but you may have skimmed over the Pink Floyd bit, so there it is.

We think the band should just allow Rock Band 2 to offer up Wish You Were Here in it’s entirety instead.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. DarkElfa

If Rock Band doesn’t jump on this you know Guitar Hero will.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

That’s funny cause in this article, Pink Floyd member Nick Mason expresses a dislike for the game genre…

Personally, I think they should approach Page and Plant first. I’m pretty sick of the genre by now, but I’d probably have to buy a Zeppelin version.

3. Cort

Prefer playing Floyd for real, thanks, Nick. On guitar of course; I don’t hit things with sticks…..

;)

4. The_Deleted

It better be RB who get the rights. GH can fuck off after the abortion that GH5 is. That said The Wall in it’s entirety with DSotM and WYWH or nothing.

5. DarkElfa

Well, I liked GH5 myself but it doesn’t have Rock Band’s professionalism.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Actually, I think Beatles:RB set the new standard as it’s very cool how towards mid game, literally every song gets it’s own “dreamscape”, or unique background (rather than the recycled stages in GH).

7. JonFE

While the thought of “playing” through Pink Floyd’s music really excites me, I seriously doubt that it’s the right kind of music for these games. Can you imagine waiting up to 4 minutes before hitting the drums on “Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts I-V)” or playing the guitar for 13 minutes?

The “dreamscapes” Dr.Ghetto mentioned would be cool though, especially for PF’s early music ;)