LucasArts releases Star Wars Dark Forces, Jedi Knight collection on Steam

Wednesday, 16th September 2009 21:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

jediknight

LucasArts has made good it’s word and released five of its Star Wars games via Steam.

Here’s the list:

• Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast – $9.99
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II – $4.99
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy – $9.99
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith – $2.99
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces -$4.99

Or you can get all the above for $19.99, saving yourself $12.96.

More information through here.

1. wz

\o/

2. freedoms_stain

I have all these already (except the original Dark Forces which I had on PS1 and has since disappeared) and it has to be said that everything prior to Jedi Outcast hasn’t aged well (even though they were amazing at the time) and after the awesome sabre anf force gameplay of Jedi Outcast it’s really impossible to go back to the clunky style of play from Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith.

3. hitnrun

When I tried The Force Unleashed, my opinion was “I wish it was more like Jedi Outcast.”

It’s still the best Star Wars game and one of the best action platformers available, even at 7 years old.

4. Dralen

dammit…very hard to resist. Must not buy!

5. SticKboy

JK2:JO remains – IMHO – the best use of the Quake 3 engine ever. It was the first game I ever played where, at the time, I thought the graphics approached a truly cinematic quality. I still pick up and play through the odd level every now and then on my iBook. Everything from the animation through to the use of force powers and voice-over acting is still hugely entertaining.

In other words, JK2:JO has aged very well indeed in GFX, gameplay and story. If you haven’t played it before, do yourself a favour and pick it up.