EA: SSX series may be revived if the market is there

Wednesday, 16th September 2009 14:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ssx

EA Montreal’s Alain Tascan has admitted to GI.biz that the firm may one day revive the SSX snowboarding series should consumers demand it.

“We have a big catalog and we were talking about what people like,” he told the site. “I think this is something we will look at in the future to see if it makes sense to revive the franchise.

“It’s a little bit early to talk about it, but I feel… I know internally it is a franchise that people love because it was successful and good, and it reminds me of when we were young, and I feel if the market is there and is ready for a new one then we’ll consider it.”

In 2005, SSX On Tour was the last game in the franchise released, which saw launches on GameCube, PS2, PSP and Xbox.

More through the link.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Blerk

I’m surprised they haven’t dusted off the Balance Board for this series yet.

2. Deanzor

Maybe SSX Blur on the Wii was the last one.

3. Johnny Cullen

Have EA forgotten SSX Blur?

For good reaso, though.

If they can make a game that is on par wtih SSX3 and SSX Tricky, I am all for it.

Those two made the series for me.

4. theevilaires

I’m all for a SSX4. Shawn White snowboarding is pure shit.

5. DrDamn

Another +1 for this. I reckon they are already working on something. The length of the comments thread on EG for a simple – yeah we are kinda considering it new article is proof enough of some serious interest.

6. Jadeskye

It’s tricky tricky tricky!

7. rrod360lol

Man, the original was best. 3 and tricky had too much EA bullshit.

8. Freek

Tricky was great.
    On Tour was crap: stupid tourists clogging up the slopes and an entirely pointless character creator.

9. Gadzooks!

I would literally kill to get a sequel to Tricky.

I’d quite happily maim to get the original Tricky on XBLA.

All the subsequent SSX games were a bit ‘meh’ though. Snowboarding for eleventyhundred hours down the same piss-boring white mountain was rubbish.

Oh, and the Wii version was as much fun as having the poo of a random assortment of animals pressed into your ears, nose and mouth.

10. MushroomStamp

Tricky was hands down the best one. The later ones started getting to serious with their level designs. I loved the crazy level designs of Tricky

11. rrod360lol

Bloody kids, tricky was rubbish…

12. pumpkinhead303

My 2 cents, HELL YEAH MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!! I owned all of them at one point but they were stolen from my house, thats the only reason i got rid of them. SSX is such a fun game i would love to see another one for the new consoles. Look at Shaun white snowboarding, it was as close to SSX as were gonna get for now and it was an SSX ripoff kinda… The only reason the “market” hasn’t demanded a new SSX yet is because EA hasn’t gotten anyone excited about it yet! DO IT DO IT NOW!!!

13. tzaylor

Tricky is the reason I bought a Gamecube. I loved that game and would snap up a high def version for PS3 in a second. Especially if they incorporated motion control. Even if they didn’t I woudl still go crazy for some high def mountain visuals.

14. theevilaires