Sections

FCC currently testing Xbox 360 wireless 802.11N adapter

Tuesday, 15th September 2009 15:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox 360 wireless 802.11N adapter

The FCC has revealed through recent filings that its currently testing a wireless 802.11N Wi-FI adapterfor Xbox 360.

According to testing from the FCC, wireless speeds will be faster and a second antenna is included on the gadget to improve reception and is attached to the console through a USB port.

While no announcement has been forthcoming from Microsoft on the matter, the FCC filing has occurred within a few weeks of the 360 fall update which will bring 1080p Zune video compatibility along with the existing Netflix HD.

The full details from the FCC can be found through the link.

Via Gizmondo.

Latest

10 Comments

  1. Blerk

    And this time it’ll cost £100!

    #1 5 years ago
  2. Lutz

    wired > wireless

    #2 5 years ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

    That’s why I have a 100ft USB cord running down the hall and into the 360 Lutz. That, and I am cheap – er um – refuse to pay $100 for the wireless adapter.

    #3 5 years ago
  4. Gekidami

    I’m sure you could find one for about 20 if not under on E-bay Stephany.

    #4 5 years ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

    True, Gek – and I have seen them, I am just wary of used wireless sticks.

    #5 5 years ago
  6. joshua nash

    so MS is possibly going to come out with a new wireless adapter, about fucking time, i got the old wi-fi adapter, 80% of the time it works okay but the other 20% of the time it is problematic at best and at worst a pain in the fucking ass, hopefully this new wi-fi adapter isn’t going such a pain in the ass

    #6 5 years ago
  7. Gekidami

    Used stuff is the best Stephany; It gives things history! :D

    #7 5 years ago
  8. DrDamn

    An access point is the better/cheaper solution for 360 wireless. Keeps your USB slot free too.

    #8 5 years ago
  9. SticKboy

    I;m certain that wireless will be built into the console when they release the inevitable X360 Slim nest year.

    #9 5 years ago
  10. Jadeskye

    i flashed a wireless router to act as a repeater, plug that into my xbox via ethernet, connect it via wireless and done.

    not bad for 30 quid :D

    #10 5 years ago

Comments are now closed on this article.