XBL Game with Fame hints at L4D Crash Course drop date?

Monday, 14th September 2009 00:01 GMT By Nathan Grayson

left4deada7

When is L4D’s Crash Course DLC hurtling onto our gaming systems? No one knows. But a recent Xbox Live Game with Fame announcement might be dropping hints about the DLC’s drop date.

“If you’re an Xbox LIVE Gold Member, and you want a chance to play the new Crash Course add-on for Left 4 Dead, send a friend request to the following Gamertag and be online half an hour before (5:30 P.M. Central Time) the Game with Fame session starts on Wednesday, September 23, at 6:00 P.M. CT,” says the announcement.

September 23, eh? Granted, “a chance to play” seems to suggest that it might just be a preview event, but the DLC is supposed to be out before September ends, so anything later would be cutting it close.

We should mention, however, that – if you choose to partake of Crash Course as part of this promotion – you’ll be staving off the zombpocalypse with pop-rock group Paramore.

Are we wrong in having our worlds turned upside-down by the idea that there’s apparently audience overlap between teeny-bopper bands and Left 4 Dead? Seems like a bit of an odd mix to us.

1. freedoms_stain

It’s a present.

You get to kill zombies AND team-kill Paramore.

In fact, Crash Course is supposed to be Versus orientated isn’t it? So you just need to be in the opposite team.

2. Gamoc

I, uh, really like Paramore.

3. Johnny Cullen

They’re no MCR though, innit.

*pretends to be proper hardcore emo*

4. lk

Paramore? Teeny-bopper? I am not exactly their biggest fan, but geez, that’s a low blow.

5. Pyrix

It says on the Xbox.com page:

Details
    Who: Ray Lewis of Paramore
    Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ray Lewis is not a member of the band, and he doesn’t seem to be related to them in any way.

I assume that’s an error.

Anyway, since that’s Midnight in the UK, it’s a weekday, and my chances of actually playing a game with a member of Paramore, Ray Lewis or otherwise, are pretty slim, I’ll give it a miss.

6. Gamoc

I don’t think I’ll be trying for it, just…ahem…wake me when september ends.

7. Pyrix

I assume that’s a reference to the fact the new album comes out on 28th/29th (UK/US), but you also threw a Green Day reference in there, either intentionally or unintentionally.

I’m going to see them on the 18th Dec at Wembley Arena. I just hope their new album is good.

8. Gamoc

I know it was a Green Day reference, I just couldn’t think of any Paramore references.

How about…

Whilst playing this with Paramore, I’d bet I would be saying ‘Whoa, Whoa’?