GT PSP running 60fps – direct-feed movie

Monday, 14th September 2009 14:46 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gtpsp6

Digital Foundry’s posted an excellent movie of GT PSP here.

There’s no much to say, really. Polyphony in digital marvel shock. It looks pretty special.

The game’s a PSP go launch title, so you’ll be able to get it on October 1.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Damn impressive.

2. Jadeskye

I demand too much from the PSP. I know for a portable it looks great but i just can’t stomache those pixelated graphics.

3. Dannybuoy

I can’t wait to get my free download when my spankin new Go plops on my doormat come Oct 1st. It looks rather spesh. As much as i love my iphone and most of the games I have for it, nothing will come close to using an analogue stick. Bring it

4. Retroid

It’s not exactly a ‘free’ copy when you take the silly price of the Go into account ;p

5. SlayerGT

I disagree Ret considering you get 16gb and bluetooth for 250. I spent the 280 for my PSP-2000 and 16gb duo. And im goin to buy GT so your looking at 320.

6. DrDamn

@SlayerGT
    RRP for the Go is £225 now. I’ve gone from meh to very interested in one recently. Would like to know what the deal is with UMD titles you already own and also how well they will support digital downloads. I want to see the download titles released at the same time as retail and competitively priced – not just slapped with an RRP.

7. Retroid

Well, if you’re happy with it….

8. SlayerGT

I agree with the whole digital thing making devs more money due to no middle man. Granted you use your credit card not a pre-paid card from retail. But I will not get behind it until I see a difference in price. Why would I pay the same price for digital (nothing), when I can buy a tangible (worth something) copy? The problem being if you make DD cheaper, your retail will get pissed cause your cutting them out of a portion in sales. Look at 360′s games on demand. You’d be a fool to pay MORE for a game that you can go right down the street and pick up something you could turn around and sell if you wanted.

Sadly, I also have a feeling that there is no replacement plan for UMDs. Unless they say something at TGS, the GO is getting too close to release for them not to have said something yet. Sony is definitely taking a risk going all digital. Im very interested in seeing how this goes. Seeing as all digital is “the future”.

9. Cort

The video is at Digital Foundry. I’m surprised that it wasn’t accompanied by six pages of technical analysis to prove the PSP is actually crap and GTPSP has frame rate issues/lag/drab colours/bad lighting blah blah blah.