SFIV PC “promos happening very, very soon,” Capcom “satisfied” with sales

Friday, 4th September 2009 07:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

sfivpc

If you were sitting on the fence about whether or not to buy Street Fighter IV on PC, it sounds as though things are about to get a lot simpler for you.

“You’ll see a few promotions happening very, very soon on Street Fighter IV PC that will make it that much more attractive for people to jump right in and try it on PC as well,” Capcom US biz boss Christian Svensson told VG247 in an interview yesterday.

The game currently costs £30 on Steam.

Svensson added that Capcom was “satisfied” with sales of the game’s PC version, although it doesn’t sound as though Capcom’s going to be flooding PC gamers with further fighting titles any time soon.

“Street Fighter IV was, truthfully, a bit of an experiment,” he said.

“We didn’t know how it was going to go either. There hadn’t been a major PC launch of a fighting game in probably over a decade… I’ve got to say that relative to our expectations, we’re satisfied.

“It didn’t set the world on fire, but it didn’t disappoint us. So we’re happy.”

Christian was speaking to us in a recording for today’s podcast.

1. loki

LOL SF4 on PC absolute fail, and nothing change that

2. Morrius

It looks better, runs better, supports my TE fightstick and best of all the community isn’t full of 12 year old numbtards who pick Ken over and over and over and over and over, as is the fault with the 360 version.

3. Grimrita

lol@ loki – clearly someone who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Streetfighter on the PC is brilliant. I use an xbox controller for my version and love it. Graphics are better and clearly using my HD cable through my TV and my friends prefer the PC version to their shabby console version

4. Gadzooks!

PC owners are bound to think a lot of SFIV as they have to appreciate the few scraps that get thrown their way. ;)

5. Patrick Garratt

Do you plug the 360 pad into you PC with a USB connector? Sorry to sound n0Obi3, but I’ve never done it.

6. endgame

steam prices: US: $39.99
    UK: £29.99 (23% higher)
    EU: 37,99€ (36% higher)

impulse prices: $39.99

retail prices: idk.. :)

7. deanimate

SFIV on the PC is supreme! :D
    Cracking game that will hopefully last for years and years. The online component is…well it’s shit because it was not changed for the PC. Instead we got the rubbish console version.
    Maybe some kind soul will make a decent lobby for it someday.

Oh and I picked up my copy for £18. Seems a fair price for a great game on a great system =]

8. freedoms_stain

@Pat, If you have a wired pad you plug it in via USB and download drivers from Microsoft, if you have a wireless pad you need a crossfire wireless receiver and wireless drivers, again from Microsoft. Last I heard the charge and play kit still isn’t supported, but that was months ago and things may have changed.

I still don’t have SFIV because I’d like the fightpad, but I feel they’re a tad overpriced.

9. deanimate

oh and you should really be playing SF on a stick. whether you play on PC or console. they offer far more control. they can be quite pricey though.

10. Grimrita

@Pat – yes. my controller has a usb connector, it plugs straight in and bingo! Thankfully Vista understands what it is (and the only thing it understands!) and i am away.

I can now play racing games and fighting games through 2x4890s overclocked via my TV.

11. JonFE

IIRC, the Charge & Play kit doesn’t use the USB connection for anything else than charging. When you use the wireless controller while plugged, commands are still transmitted wireless-ly and not through the cable.

12. blackdreamhunk

On top of that the mods are pretty cool too

I love the mr T mod and bruce lee mod

13. Patrick Garratt

Thanks for the controller tips, chaps. Seems like a silly thing to not do. So I will (y)

14. SunKing

I have a Dreamcast joystick I use and as along as you have the adapter it works perfectly fine.