Sony confirms God of War Collection for PS3 is region free

Thursday, 3rd September 2009 22:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

godofwarpsp2

Sony has just confirmed to VG247 that the God of War Collection, featuring God of War I & II, will indeed be region free.

Folks were wondering if it would be region locked since the European version will not be released until after the start of 2010.

Luckily, like most PS3 games, it is importable.

Good thing. We were worried folks would start showing up at Sony Santa Monica wielding their Blades of Chaos in protest.

Thank Kratos that won’t be the case this holiday season.

1. Funkyd

\o/

2. Johnny Cullen

You know what that means. IMPORT TIME!

3. Phoenixblight

Now all we need is a release date so I can reserve it. X_X

4. Razor

:D

5. Komond_Deckard

That means it’s already bought. I even feel like the money is walking outside of my wallet, while I’m saying: “follow the light, follow the light”

6. onlineatron

This is all very well and good, but PlayAsia say they won’t ship it to UK when I try to pre-order.

Renchi don’t have a listing for it, neither does Movietyme.

So where am I meant to Import it from?!

Guarantee eBay sellers will charge through the teeth for it!

7. doctorstrange

8. Psychotext

Sweet. Wont do the US sales any harm either. :D

9. onlineatron

@Psychotext

I believe this is all part of Sony’s plan.

They are releasing the games on November 10th. The same day as Modern Warfare 2. I think they are trying to say:

‘Hey Activision… We can get our PS2 games to sell reasonably well even when releasing on the same day as your biggest franchise… yet you wanna stop supporting us?!’

Having it in the US only will get EU people to import it, boosting US sales which we all know are the only sales figures people really care about.

10. absolutezero

kisses.

11. Phoenixblight

@9 thats not the actual release date thats just a place holder…

12. Herlock

Like always…yu gone ask everytime ?
    PS3 games are region free!

13. Gekidami

I hope VG+ do sell it for 49C$, thats only 30€!

14. Blerk

I find the level of excitement about this somewhat amusing. Didn’t you all play these games already? :-D

15. Stephany Nunneley

@Herlock – we have to ask. It is our job. What would you do if we reported that it was region free, you go to order it and we were wrong about it given the very off chance Sony decided to be anal about it? Then, we would get yelled at and verbally crucified by the internet mobs.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Yes Blerk. Did you? IMO, GOW games showcase the finest of gaming quality possible on PS2. To see these updated to true HD resolution plus nab a few trophies along the way for essentially $20 a piece for some reason just gives me a boner. Can’t help it.

(ok, not really, but you get the idea)

17. Blerk

I really enjoyed both of them, but… it’s not been that long since I played them. As bonuses with GoW3 these would have been amazing, on their own as a retail product… I don’t think I’d bother.

18. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I do hear ya. I was really disapointed to hear no GOW3 demo coming with it. I would have waited for 2010 for that complete package.

19. JonFE

Well, I haven’t played either and my PS3 is not BC. For that I am thankful they ported them and pissed they won’t be releasing them in EU any time soon.

I’ll probably import unless SCEE announces their plans for a EU release first…