Codemasters uses breasts, tattoos to promote DiRT 2

Wednesday, 2nd September 2009 20:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dirt2

Nothing says DiRT 2 like tattoos, breasts, and guitar riffs, apparently.

That is what Codemasters is using to promote the racer, at any rate, via a Flash game called Dirty Tats where you draw tattoos on a lady’s cleavage.

Durty taht more like, or at least that is what we came up with after about 30 minutes of playing. We aren’t really that creative either.

Hit this link to play for yourself.

1. Galactic_Barret

Well, I do like boobs.

2. The_Deleted

Tits are great. Cars not so much.

3. Anders

Galactic_Barret: Buy it. You can’t resist the tits.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

One word. Motorboat.

5. Captain Fruitloop

Class. Not.

Oh, and +1 to what Deleted said.

6. Psychotext

It’s funny… this shit is actually why I wont be buying Dirt 2. (I wouldn’t actually mind so much if it didn’t have the Colin McRae name attached to it still)

7. endgame

well i have to confess that i like breasts as well but those from the picture r a bit too big and a bit too streched down for my taste.. :)

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Bottom line, the demo was DAMN impressive. PT – You’d seriously let something like THIS sway your decision on buying the game? And the name attached to it?

9. Psychotext

Absolutely. You make it sound like we’re starved for games and that as gamers we can’t afford to have strange reasons for ignoring games.

(I didn’t find the demo particularly impressive by the way. It’s good, but not great)

That aside, it’s not this in particular that offends me… it was one of the first trailers where they showed the Rock Star festival trailer crap and then immediately after put the Colin McRae name to it. Seemed about as tacky as it could get.

10. DrDamn

I thought the demo was poor. Great presentation, nice graphics, but the driving model was awful. No connection with the ground, it was like driving hover cars.

11. Syrok

Cardboard cars.

12. Bleak Harvest

What’s a DiRT 2, and why is the i in the lowercas–BOOBS!

13. Syrok

The vice police has been around

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’m not trying to make it sound like anything other than I judge games on their own merits, not the marketing, advertising, or politics that surround it. Dirt 2 demo blew me away. Definitely took some time to master the driving though.

15. URtype_o_redhed

There is… absolutely no way….. you just did that. OMFG… Seriously, what a travesty to all the beautiful female breasts out there…. I mean really. For shame!! Truly, everyone knows dirty (in this context) is spelled duhty…. XXOOO

16. Cort

Those huge breasts will be far easier – and enjoyable – to handle than the cars in DiRT 2.

Fifth-gen vehicle physics FTW! Not. In the demo I hit the handbrake then immediately steered left…..and my car went right. Codies have three handling settings for vehicles:

1. Fully-laden supertanker with damaged rudder.
    2. Shopping trolley with broken front wheel sliding on wet floor.
    3. Hyperactive teenager high on Sunny Delight and Skittles. On Xmas morning. Wearing roller skates.

The F1 IP is doomed.

/sheds tears

17. woodyrulesok

Yeah the demo was rubbish.
    Wasn’t looking forward to it and I secretly hoped it would prove me wrong. Alas.

Any way, boobs yes.
    My tattoo read:

Colin’s
    spinning
    in his
    gra ve

18. Grimrita

I dont know why Codies have to turn to tits to promote what is already a good racer? Codies have always been good at racing games and lowering themselves to this level by trying to make ‘rallying’ cool, simply wont work

19. Stephany Nunneley

@15 Sorry Red. Didn’t mean to spell your word wrong. What is the pirate’s take?

20. URtype_o_redhed

? Um. He LOVES Dirty, Durty & Duhty boobs and booty…. ARGH.

21. Stephany Nunneley

Sounds like a right pirate to me then! Will be sure to stock up on the Rum this Christmas. Well, pretend Rum at any rate ;-)