Champions Online: Blood Moon coming late October

Wednesday, 2nd September 2009 11:31 GMT By Patrick Garratt

cobloodmoon

Cryptic’s announced the first content addition to Champions Online in Blood Moon, a spooky patch due late October.

Zombies, werewolves and Takofanes, “the Undying Lord,” all feature, as does a new Celestial powerset (thanks Phoenixblight).

Atari MMO Champions Online hit the US yesterday, and releases in Europe on Friday. Buy it, because it’s awesome. We told you you’d be getting details on updates almost immediately. You should listen to us.

Thanks, EG.

1. Phoenixblight

There is also another powerset with that patch.

•Explore the new Celestial Powerset. Use the power of the Seraphim to heal and strengthen your allies, or release the fury of the Nephilim in a battle against evil.

2. Patrick Garratt

Ooh.

3. Patrick Garratt

Added.

4. Phoenixblight

People on the beta forums were asking for a light based powers that heals and damages. Not sure if Cryptic had it up its sleeve the entire time but it fits with this patch.

BTW the MMO is awesome. Currently playing it.

5. MushroomStamp

I picked the game up and tried playing it … I say tried because my duel 3.6 and AT X850 could barely run it… Graphics are way turned down and still found it not responsive or very smooth. SO, I bought Geforce GTX 275 and hopefully that make a big difference (arrives on Friday). But this game really does like a beefy machine

6. Phoenixblight

Yeah Even with Dual CPU and 8800 GTX I see some Frame drops every now and then. I am currently saving for a new PC with Dual Vid card and Quad CPU. I have to stay current with PC upgrades especially with my PC being 3 years old now. I feel like my PC is closing up on being obsolete.

7. Patrick Garratt

I’ve got a dual CPU and a 9800GT and it’s nowhere near the game’s limit. It definitely does like lots of grunt.

8. revolting

I was fortunate in that I had to replace my PC about a month ago, so I built the new one specifically with this in mind. Champions runs like a dream on it, and so did the Arkham Asylum demo maxed out, so bonus there too.

But more importantly, this thread begs one throbbing, pulsating question: if we’re all playing it and there’s one global server, why on earth haven’t we made a vg247-centric supergroup?

9. MushroomStamp

Good point.. maybe we should.. since I didn’t play in the Beta, i’m leaning like Newb Still