Quantic Dream: Heavy Rain QTE criticisms are “unfair”

Monday, 31st August 2009 13:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

heavyraina

Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere has said to CVG that any criticisms towards the Quick Time Events in Heavy Rain are unfair. He was speaking after the game made an appearance at GamesCom two weeks ago.

“I think they’re unfair. I think the QTE’s we have in our game are very different from the ones even in Shenmue, which I also think was a great game,” claimed de Fondaumiere.

He also admitted that the game was one of the more interactive games in many years.

“All the trailers – that’s me playing it. Everything we’ve shown so far, each screen, is all actions that you actually do. So it’s one of the more interactive games that I’ve seen in many years.”

More through the link.

1. MasterChiefFenix

plain n simple – anyone who doesn’t liek it is a loser, imo. game’s heavy on decision-making and story telling, not raiding sum fucking elves, shooting ppl in the face, throwing a football, ect. ect. [although i do liek shooting ppl in the face along with K.O.'ing ppl]. It’s made for fans of indigo prophecy and anyone who missed the game and just want something very deep. You can fucking keep playing the game if you die as like a ghost! Monumental in gaming or FUCKING MONUMENTAL? anyone bashing it will surely miss out on a great experience. yup, pretty obvious this is one of the upcoming game’s i’m most interested in. prolly the second right under TvC.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hell yeah it’s unfair – THE GAMES NOT OUT YET! How can anyone critizie play mechanics when THE GAMES NOT OUT YET?

3. Johnny Cullen

Media, Ghetto.

Media.

That or people are just judging on the footage released so far. If thats the case… words fail me.

4. FeaturePreacher

Fair or not, with a game so reliant on quick time events and not context free moves, this game is so gonna tank in sales when it’s released. But here’s a hint. If the game is so good, then charge more money for it, like Modern Warfare 2 does, but more. I say since the audience is so extremely niche for this title, charge £80-£120 for the title.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

My bad. Still, don’t judge/critisize until you’ve experienced the entire product. Sheesh.

6. Psychotext

Can someone translate what MasterChiefFenix said?

7. pleasant_cabbage

Was it not plain and simple enough for you, dopey? ;)

8. Psychotext

Apparently I have my bank holiday brain in.

9. Syrok

I’m surprised you understood the logic in FeaturePreachers post but not MCFs. :p

10. FeaturePreacher

Syrok,

The logic is pretty simple. Everyone seems to think this game is so good. If it is so good, why not charge more for it like Modern Warfare 2 is? Kind of like the variable pricing that’s available for tunes on itunes and Amazon.com.

11. Komond_Deckard

FeaturePreacher, I think this game is gonna be great (of course just expectations, maybe then I play it and it’s not that good), but I wouldn’t pay 120$ even for the best game ever produced. And like me, most of the people wouldn’t pay more for it, so is not that simple, and more than that, it’s even ilogical to rise the price of the game to avoid not selling enough copies, as rising the price will make lots of people won’t buy the game. You have to find the balance between both, and that seems to be the usual price all games have at release.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I don’t get this whole MW2 more money thing. Besides the obvious collectors edition packages being more as always, the regular edition is still normal price of $59.99. Am i missing something?

13. FeaturePreacher

PC edition is $59.99 instead of usual $49.99.

14. theevilaires

correction: PC edition is $0.00…just pay close attention ;)

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster