Jaffe to “shut the fuck up” for six months

Monday, 31st August 2009 07:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

davidjaffe

David has decided to keep himself away from commenting on the internet for the next six months, as detailed in this GAF post.

He’s made the decision after getting into a fight over used game sales.

“This is the problem with the internet,” he said. “No matter how clear you make yourself, people simply ignore what you have to say. And so I will now forever be the guy who opposed to used game sales (which I am not).

“One day I will learn that it’s just not worth saying a damn thing. Which really – to be fair – is the smart way I should be doing things. Let’s make a deal NeoGAF… right here, right now. Let’s see if I can JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP for the next 6 months. No Twitter, no blog. The accounts will stay open cause I wanna go back to it I’m sure. But next time you hear from me will be announce of our game. Deal?”

Good plan, David. Very good plan.

1. Panipal2005

Would that be because he made a complete and utter tit of himself? See – telling the other guy ‘FUCK YOU’ and then blurting out something about how rude and obnoxious he was supposedly being? No rudeness in evidence of course.

Fuck Jaffe.

2. The_Deleted

Jaffe gave us God of War. He can say what the fuck he likes and it should be taken as gospel.

So there.

3. Grimrita

what a net nOOb

4. cachucha

what an emofag, get owned by the internet hate machine.

5. Tonka

emo quitting is so passé

6. SunKing

It looks like he’s locked his blog for invite only. :(

The thing is, I quite like hearing what Jaffe has to say; I only wish he’d stop saying to people, “Fuck you!” Everytime he does this he undermines any argument he has by being so confrontational.

Also, I do find it very, very funny that Pat has choosen to use that header image of Jaffe, i.e. the one he always gets pissed off about newsites using.

7. endgame

i know exactly what he means. it’s not easy to deal with so many webtards, and there r a lot since they r not accepted in real life places.. i think he took a good decision and i hope he can keep it.

8. ShiroGamer

crazy mofo

9. blackdreamhunk

proof that some game devs are video game noobs!

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

He looks like a younger, slightly chubby, innocent Mike Myers in that pic.