Sony to launch £82m pan-European PS3 marketing campaign

Tuesday, 25th August 2009 10:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ps3151

SCEE’s to launch new PS3 TV ads in the UK tonight as part of an £82 million pan-European PS3 marketing campaign, according to this Guardian piece.

The ads focus on PS3′s range of services, including online gaming and Blu-ray movie playback, downloading TV and film content and being able to watch the BBC iPlayer.

“Two years after launch PlayStation 3 is realising its full potential,” said Alan Duncan, UK marketing director.

“The console is moving beyond gaming and gaming is moving beyond discs.”

Hit the link. You can watch one of the ads through there. Thanks, rrod360lol.

1. Dannybuoy

i just can’t see those ads working all that well. There is no content. It’s just lots of motion graphics effects and not much else.. So show iplayer working, show VidZone working, show a Bluray.. working, show something.. working.. its just a bit of a mess really. Will that appeal to non PS3 owners who might be looking to move on from a wii etc? I’m not sure. I’ve got a PS3 already so I’m not motivated to get a slim. But I’m just not sure the content of that ad really send the right message about what the PS3 can do. maybe I’m wrong

2. Progguitarist

You’d be surprised what people will buy one for. I had a friend over who brought her partner and he was blown away with vidzone…decided the PS3 was for him and is going out to buy one.

3. endgame

really? i look forward to see how they r going to convince me to pay 42% more a console that everyone else in the whole world buys at the same price. well, except for UK.

4. humanfish

It’s always been the same, we always pay ore for stuff. Rightly or wrongly, its the way it is.

At least they are bloody advertising now. Compared to the last generation Sony has completely and utterly failed to advertise he games and console well at all, and by that i mean i have seen next to no advertising at all.

5. Cort

SCEE? Advertise? Never. FACT: I’ve never seen a PS3 advert on TV.

But then again, this all adds more weight to the claim that Sony have been trying NOT to sell many PS3s until they reduced costs to a level they were comfortable with.

6. Jadeskye

82 million? shit. thats a shit ton of cash considering i’ve never even seen a PS3 Ad.

7. Gekidami

I remember that very first PS3 ad about some people in a hotel, and i once saw an Uncharted ad, but other then that nothing apart from multiplat games.